Bakudeku - Nights And Notebooks

"Of course! See you tomorrow, Iida-Kun," Izuku called before closing his door. Sighing, he started his nightly routine. Before long, he was tucked into his bed and trying to fall asleep. Like most days, thoughts of a blonde filled his mind and prevented him from sleeping.

Giving up, Midoriya rolled out of bed and grabbed his latest hero-analysis notebook from his shelf. Although he had only started a couple of weeks ago, it was already battered. This was volume 626 dedicated to a certain temperamental Katsuki Bakugou. While they had all initially started as Midoriya genuinely just trying to figure out everything there is to know about his childhood friend, they were quickly substituted by sketches and thoughts about Bakugou. And when the boy realised that this helped in calming down and organising all of his crazy, sort of unwanted thoughts (especially during Middle School), it just stuck. So now, even after all of these years, he was still doing it.

Today, Izuku was feeling especially confused. Due to their rivalry, Aizawa often paired them together for multiple things, such as training or general bonding. So, earlier today like usual, they were shoved together for training. It started fine. Bakugou was making remarks and comments about his technique (which overall help immensely). But then suddenly it seemed that someone barged into Katsuki, and he crashed into Izuku. They tumbled around a bit until eventually coming to a halt. But it seemed that during their confusion Midoriya ended up pining Katsuki to the ground with his whole weight. It took both of them a couple of seconds to register their position before Izuku launched himself off of Bakugou. He was apologising intensely and it seemed that even the usually unbothered blonde was affected. Not only were sparks flying everywhere from his palm, but his face was also flushed a bright red. It didn't help that multiple people - Sero, Kaminari and Mina - were making kissy (and not so innocent) faces at them.

It ended up with Bakugou storming of with Kirishima rushing after him. Anyway, Midoriya didn't end up seeing Bakugou again, although Kirishima did come back a couple of hours later and joined them for dinner.

During all of his thinking, Izuku ended up sketching Katsuki. It was rough and a bit disproportionate, but it was a good start. Fixing up the mistakes until he was happy with it - for a rough draft, anyhow - he started doodling around the portrait. Little hearts and flowers were dotted about around his face, along with I+K.

Feeling silly, like he was a stupid teenage girl in those horrible cliche films, Izuku was about to rip out the page when a knock sounded on his door. Shoving the notebook under his bed, Midoriya glanced at his clock. It showed that it was nearing midnight. Worried yet curious, he opened his dorm door.

And who else was at the door than the man he was just thinking about? Staring at the shaking figure of Katsuki, Izuku felt his heart drop. He had tears streaming down his face and a hand clamped over his mouth to prevent any noise from escaping. Grabbing his arm, Izuku guided him into the room and onto his bed. Quickly closing the door, he joined the blonde.

"Kacchan, what's wrong?" asked Midoriya, barely keeping the panic out of his voice.

"I-I just," started Bakugou before breaking down into massive gulps of panic-induced tears.

Starting to get scared, Midoriya hugged him. "Shhh, what's wrong? It's okay. I'm here. You're safe, don't worry. I'm not going to let anything bad happen to you. Just tell me what's wrong so I can help you," consoled Izuku.

That seemed to have been the last straw as Katsuki just couldn't stop now. He spent the next few minutes bawling into Midoriya's shoulders, clinging on to the man for dear life. When he finally calmed down enough to form coherent sentences, it took him a good few tries before he was able to tell Izuku what got him into such a state.