Bakudeku - Studying Together

"Hurry up, nerd," seethed Bakugou, annoyed that he had to spend his precious time studying with Midoriya. On a weekend as well! As if he doesn't see the green-haired nerd enough already as is.

"Yes, Kacchan," sighed Izuku, wishing Aizawaw-sensei would stop forcing them to work together. It's like he has it out for him! Doesn't he know that Kacchan would blow him apart in a heartbeat? Sure, they have come a long way since middle school, but that doesn't mean that they should push their luck.

Silently, the two boys walked over to Bakugou's desk; well, Midoriya walked, Bakugou stomped. They decided that it would be better to study here, especially as Izuku was worried that Katsuki would blow up his dorm if he got too bored. The shorter boy hoped that at least his companion would be less tempted to destroy his room. Hopefully.

"So?" Izuku asked awkwardly after they were seated in silence for a good couple of seconds.

"Let's start with English," demanded Katsuki, already getting out his folder.

It seemed that the blonde only got more organised as the years went by, Midoriya thought as he quickly scanned the work the other boy had meticulously written up. It was painfully embarrassing to then look at his notes scribbled hazardously and with seemingly no start or finish. Izuku usually copied them out a second time, this time so it was legible, but he didn't have time this week. All of the training was catching up to him and he was out like a light by ten; barely having enough time to do his homework.

They worked in relative silence, occasionally glancing at each other when the other wasn't looking. But then Izuku had a nagging feeling that this wasn't what Aizawa would have wanted them to do. So, taking a deep breath and hoping that Bakugou was calm, he turned to do boy buried deep in his book. "Kacchan, can you please help me with pronunciation?"

"Hah?"

"It's English, and we have a speaking exam coming up soon. So I was hoping that maybe we could, possibly, ask each other the questions and then answer just so we could practise but it's fine if you don't want to it's not a big deal," Midoriya started strong but quickly lost his confidence with Bakugou staring at him and his sentence came out in a rush.

But it seemed that all of those years of being together paid off as Bakugou was able to make out what he had said with relative ease. Scowling for a second he seemed to contemplate turning down the offer before backtracking. "Fine, whatever. I'll start you answer," he said, flipping back a couple of pages to where the questions that are going to be asked were written out in his neat handwriting.

"Okay," Izuku answered back, preparing mentally.

(A/N When they are speaking English the writing is like this. When they are speaking Japanese it's just normal.)

"How many people are in your family? Describe them," Katsuki asked with relatively good pronunciation.

"In my family, there is two people. My mum and me. My mum is very nice. She has green hair and green eyes. She is quite small," Midoriya answered back slowly, thinking very hard about each word. Family is the newest topic that they were learning, and he felt quite unconfident about it.

"Are. There are. Family is plural so it isn't there is," Bakugou lectured, switching from Japanese to English.

Despite him making that mistake, Izuku was rather proud since Katsuki didn't mention anything else that was wrong. Which meant that he got it almost perfect. There are, there are, there are, there are, there are, Midoriya chanted in his head trying to remember it.

"Do you like your family?" Bakugou continued.

"Yes. I love my mum very much," Midoriya answered a little faster this time. For some reason, this reply was so easy to remember. It had stuck in his head like other ones haven't.