Not an update!

This is NOT an update, this author's note & storyline clarification.

First of all hey babes 😅. Thanks for reading my story I put my all into my writing so I love when my readers interact. But anyways let's get into it.

Okay so some of my readers were dm'ing me and asking about why I've been ghost on here. I hadn't updated since March cause I honestly was going through a lot I still am but I finding peace in writing.

Okay so earlier this year I met this guy that I really like. We started going on dates and hanging out like 24/7. I won't lie my deep infatuation with him got me distracted from writing and school..

On April 14th I found out I was pregnant because I suffered a miscarriage 🥺💔. I was so scared to tell anybody I shut everybody out and fell into a depression. I told the guy but I started ignoring him and picking fights with him so we didn't have to talk. He still tried his best to there for me even tho I tried to push him away.

*y'all he's been tryna convince me that we supposed have a baby together this year 😭😅🤦🏾‍♀️🌚*

To anybody who has experienced a miscarriage or lost their child, you're not alone and you'll get through it.

I'm back now tho & I can say I really did miss writing and reading on here. I'm gonna give it my all fr now.
Okay so since some of my readers be skipping chapters 🥴😶‍🌫️ yea I notice muthafuckas

Let's do a lil recap and fill in any holes or plot confusion.

Main Characters:

Melanie Egypt Jackson
Age 16 , turning 17 soon
Her family originated from 31st Street. Being raised by her grandma, her mother's mom. Over the past few decades 31st Street gangs & 33rd Street gangs have been labeled rival gangs are actively engaged in an all out blood for blood street war. Her mother April Owens & her twin Antonio/"Tony" Owens have ran an illegal operation for the past 10 years. Due to circumstances surrounding their operation April is currently incarcerated on RICO charges involving gang affiliation, drug trafficking, extortion, organized crime, and attempted murders. Her father is Trevor Jackson a Jamaican drug lord who was deported back to Jamaica and listed as a notorious drug trafficker when Melanie was a toddler. He just recently started being a bond with her. Melanie has had a few entanglements so far; Meachy & Keeme. Melanie suffers from anger and abandonment issues.

Maddison Shaniya Simmons
Age 16 , turning 17 soon
Melanie's bestfriend since diaper days. Currently dating Larrell aka Step , previously she was in an entanglement with Hakeem. Her mother is Ne'Shawn a childhood friend of April & Tony. Works as a Registered Nurse, has an older son who lives outta state. She is also first cousins with Jah'me aka Meachy.

Vontarie Micah McCloud
Age 17
Raised on 39th Street by his mother with the guidance of Tony aka Spazz. Vonte learns everything he knew about the streets and how to survive as a man from Spazz after his daddy died. From his early teenage years he's been in and out of the system, constantly in trouble with the law. Vonte has 2 brothers; Treyvon and Levon. During his early childhood years that he spent with Spazz he grew a solid bond with Larrell who's dad was one of Spazz's right hand mans before his untimely departure. He always grew close to Pernell (Nell) and Tay'Quan (Tayda) who's mother is first cousins with the Lanier Twins (April & Tony). Vonte suffers from PTSD from childhood trauma surrounding domestic violence and the death of his father.

Nah'jour Zayre' Lanier
Age 16 , turning 17 soon
Also raised on 31st Street by his and Melanie's grandmother Denise Lanier. Nah'jour just like Melanie have been in their grandmother's custody since their earliest childhood days. Melanie and Nah'jour are first cousins and 'ghetto twins' they are born 2 hours apart. Nah'jour born first on December 12th and Melanie born right after on December 13th. Nah'jour's father is Melanie's mother's older brother Rodney who is too incarcerated on extortion and capital murder charges, due to the nature and severity of the charges he was extradited to a Louisiana state prison. Nah'jour's mother was murdered when he was 4 years old and soon following that his granny was granted custody. His childhood trauma made Nyny a rebel and very much like his daddy and uncle a true menace to society. He is currently sent away to a juvenile detention facility.

These are the main characters with the heaviest storylines but if you are confused about any other character, drop their name and I'll edit this with their character background.