CHAPTER 9

SATURDAY
6:45 PM

Tonight was the office party and that's where Jordan and Hakeem were currently at. They were talking to her coworkers.

"It's so nice to see the lovely couple again. I just think that you guys are the cutest", an older woman said.

"It's nice to see you again as well", Hakeem replied.

Anytime they had to go out for parties and get togethers. Jordan would make sure Hakeem was sober. Which is why many people didn't know what was going on behind the scenes.

"So you guys thinking about children?", she asked.

Jordan didn't say anything. All she could do was think about the abortion she had.

"We haven't really talked about but I'd like a little mini me running the house", Hakeem said.

Jordan looked at him. He acted as if he didn't make her get an abortion 4 or 5 months ago. Or maybe he just doesn't remember.

Jordan stopped looking sad and started to smile again so nobody would know whats up with her.

Tyquez walked over.

"How everybody doing?", Tyquez asked. "Just wanted to make sure everybody was having a good time"

Hakeem didn't reply but Jordan and the other woman did. Hakeem just sipped juice from his cup.

"We're doing fine", Jordan replied.

"Yea, this is probably the best office party yet and I say that because of the food", the woman said.

Jordan, her, and Tyquez chuckled.

"Well I'm glad you guys are enjoying yourselves", Tyquez replied before he looked at Hakeem. "You must be Mrs. Williams' husband"

Tyquez put his hand out for Hakeem to shake.

"I'm Johnson. Her some what new boss. It's nice to meet you", Tyquez said.

Hakeem was hesitant but decided to shake his hand.

"Nice to meet you. I assure you aren't working her too hard", Hakeem said.

"Well she's a hard working woman", Tyquez replied.

Jordan was getting a little pissed off and nervous. She didn't really want them to have a conversation.

"Yea that's Jordan", Hakeem said as he looked at her.

Jordan smiled.

"Yea that's me", Jordan replied. "Hey Hakeem let's—"

Hakeem interrupted Jordan.

"But listen though I got a few questions. My brother is interested in the stuff you do and I just wanted to hear a few tips while the ladies talk", Hakeem said. "Help another black brother out"

Jordan's eyebrows raised for a quick moment then she looked back to normal. She didn't want them to walk away together.

"Um sure", Tyquez said.

They walked away.

Jordan watched them.

"So how about you? Do you want a mini you running around?", the woman asked.

Jordan looked at her.

"Yes. Just one though. I think that one is all I really need", Jordan replied.

(WITH TYQUEZ AND HAKEEM)

"So basically a couple of things that I'd say your brother should do is—"

"Yea. I don't really care", Hakeem said as they came to a stop.

Tyquez made a face.

"I just wanted to say that whatever you and my wife had going on, has came to a stop", Hakeem said.

"Excuse me?", Tyquez asked.

"I'm not dumb and I know my woman. I've been in the dark for a while and now I'm back...and this shit gotta end", Hakeem said.

"I don't know what you're talking about", Tyquez replied.

Tyquez's act was so good you couldn't even tell her was lying.

"You know exactly what I'm talking about", Hakeem said. "So wether you wanna admit it or not, I'm just going to politely ask you to keep shit professional and don't touch her"

Tyquez shook his head.

"You got it all wrong man", Tyquez said.

"Nah man. I got it all right and you got the right muthafucka", Hakeem said before he walked back in Jordan's direction.

'I got the right muthafucka? Boy, don't let this suit and tie confuse you', Tyquez thought to himself.

Tyquez shook his head and back to talking to everybody at the party. He knew he promised to keep it professional for Jordan and that he wasn't supposed to tell him anything.

"So do you think that your brother will find the tips he told you useful?", Jordan asked.

"Yea. He was helpful", Hakeem said before he drunk the rest of his juice.

Jordan smiled. "That's good", she replied.

TO BE CONTINUED....