CHAPTER 52

MONDAY
2:00pm

When Monday came, Jordan went to go put a restraining order on Hakeem. She didn't do it just because Tyquez told her to but because she didn't feel safe. After he almost killed Tyquez, she didn't know what Hakeem was capable of. During and after his alcoholism, she could tell he wasn't the same Hakeem. The vibe was different. It was like he was stranger.

Jordan walked into Tyquez's office.

"Tyquez, I know this can wait but after work we need to talk", Jordan said.

"About what?", Tyquez asked.

"About this", Jordan said as she looked around at the office.

Tyquez made a face. "Okay, go ahead and talk. I got time", he replied.

"I wanna go ahead and start my own business", Jordan said.

"Okay that's good then. I thought you were going to say something bad", Tyquez said.

"No. I just wanna talk about my replacement", Jordan replied. "...I want it to be a guy"

"Don't you think that this is where trust comes in?", Tyquez asked.

"Don't you remember how we started messing with each other?", Jordan asked.

"How can I forget?", Tyquez said with a smile.

Jordan rolled her eyes. "Tyquez seriously. It's not like I don't trust you but I don't trust your hormones", Jordan replied.

"You meet all my needs so it's no reason to worry about that", Tyquez said.

"Well honestly that doesn't matter", Jordan said. "I still want you to have a guy assistant"

"Okay...but about this business. Where are you going to get the money?", Tyquez asked.

"My parents", Jordan replied.

Tyquez nods.

"Yea I didn't want to ask them, but my credit isn't going to let me take out a loan", Jordan added.

"I offered but okay", Tyquez said.

"And I didn't accept so suck it up", Jordan replied. "Why do you wanna do things for me so bad? So you can hold it over my head? Or have that be a reason why I won't leave you if you do something wrong?"

"...because that's just what I want to do Jordan. I believe you deserve the best especially after you've been receiving the worst all these years", Tyquez replied.

Jordan looked down.

"Speaking of worst? He contact you again?", Tyquez asked.

"I blocked him...that's probably why he showed up at the apartment", Jordan replied.

"You ever thought about moving?", Tyquez asked.

"Yea...everyday actually. Which is why I'm always at your house", Jordan replied. "Too many memories in that apartment. I think about the first time we moved in there, happiness that turned into sadness, his drunken moments, my abortion, my divorce...I think of everything"

Tyquez stood up. "I'm going to say this...but don't get upset. Be real with me and which ever answer you give me. I'll understand...no hard feelings...but do you still love him?", he asked.

Jordan looked at Tyquez for a moment then looked away.

"Be honest", he added.

"...I um— I dont know. I feel like I am but every time I talk to him and see him I get these feelings and...I don't know. But they're old feeling for the old him. I have no idea who this person is now", Jordan said.

Tyquez cleared his throat as he walked to Jordan. "Well can I ask you another question?", Tyquez asked.

"If it's about Hakeem, I don't wanna talk about him", Jordan said. "He's my past. You questioning me about him and my feelings toward him isn't necessary"

Tyquez nods in agreement. "Okay. You're right...I just wanted to know if it came down to the both of us who would you chose. This dude is fool and if me and him both on the ground bleeding out, I need to know who'd you tend to. Who would be your first instinct to go to first?"

"You. With all honesty I say you. But at the same time instincts are unpredictable", Jordan said.

"Okay...you're right. I guess that's all I needed to know", Tyquez replied as he went back to his chair.

Jordan walked closer to his desk. "I also wanted to talk about something else". Jordan seem hesitant and nervous.

"Okay", Tyquez replied.

"...a baby", said Jordan. "I know I said I wanted to wait until after marriage but...I'm 25 and I'm not getting any younger. It'll be years before we get married and I don't wanna wait that long. I'm trying to have less complications as possible. The older you are, the more complications. But it's only if you're ready"

"I'll think about it", Tyquez replied.

Jordan's phone vibrated in her pocket. "Okay. Just let me know", she replied.

"And you need to let me know when you plan on quitting so I can start looking for new assistants", said Tyquez.

"I actually already have some lined up. They're just walking for an interview date", Jordan replied.

"Damn. Already?", Tyquez asked.

"Yea. I've been thinking about it for a while now", Jordan replied.

"Damn", Tyquez repeated in amazement.

Jordan smiled and walked outside of the office as she looked at her phone. It was a text from Mahogany.

MESSAGE
💬Mahogany: come to my house after you get off pls😭 I need you to help me with something.

Jordan: alright

Jordan put her phone down and got on her computer.

TO BE CONTINUED....