CHAPTER 46

2 MONTHS LATER...

"Why in the hell are you even here?", Daryl asked.

Even thought Jordan didn't want anything to do with Tyquez and Hakeem case. She came anyway to support Tyquez.

"Daryl, I really don't wanna hear your mouth right now", Jordan said.

"I mean it's your fault my brother in this mess in the first place", he replied.

Jordan stared at him for a moment as she got in his face. "My fault? I didn't tell Hakeem to come to my job, months after we decided to get a divorce and shoot the place up", she said.

"If you weren't out here hoeing, maybe he wouldn't", Daryl replied.

Jordan slapped him.

Daryl touched his face and started to get a little mad.

"I did what I did yes. But what I'm not, is a hoe okay?", Jordan said as she pointed her finger in his face.

"You got married to my brother. Therefore you were supposed to be with him through thick and thin. Through the storm and then it's sunny", Daryl said.

Jordan laughed to herself. "Oh my gosh. People act like the storm ever went away. Two years and it never did!"

Tyquez came out of the room as he talked to his lawyer.

"I love Hakeem as much as you do and I stood by him and tried to help him but he never wanted my help. I can't help a man that doesn't want help and I am not getting any younger to sit around and wait as I stress myself out having to worry about him and his health and getting money for the bills and food. I couldn't. I didn't give up on him. He gave up on himself", Jordan said. "He told me he's doing better and I am happy for him, but I'm also happy without him. Call me a hoe or whatever you gotta do to make yourself feel better but I don't regret what I did anymore because at the end of the day, I'm in a better place"

Tyquez walked over.

"Is everything okay over here?", Tyquez asked as he looked at Daryl, but he was talking to Jordan.

Jordan cleared her throat. "Everything is fine"

"Good, because I would hate for somebody to be harassing you about old shit", Tyquez said as he continued to look Daryl as if he had a problem with him.

Jordan grabbed Tyquez's hand. And Tyquez looked at her hand and snapped out of it.

"Baby why don't you go ahead into the court room", Tyquez said.

Jordan looked at Tyquez and then at Daryl then back at Tyquez. "..okay"

Jordan walked away.

Tyquez looked at Daryl.

"I'm going to start off by saying that I get you think you taking up for your brother but it's a time when you just gotta let that shit go. I heard that she said you called her hoe? Don't let words come out your mouth to say that shit again", Tyquez said.

"Man I ain't worried about you bitch", Daryl said.

"Oh you ain't? Maybe you ain't hear me the first time. Disrespect her again and I promise you I'll fuck you up. Don't let this suit and tie fool yo dumb ass. I really ain't the one you need to play with and that includes her alright?", Tyquez said.

Daryl sucked his teeth.

"Man I ain't worried about you", Daryl said before he walked away.

Tyquez rolled his eyes.

Tyquez's lawyer walked up to Tyquez.

"Ay man you need to calm down", his lawyer said.

"...you right", Tyquez replied as he turned to his lawyer.

"So basically he's saying it's crime of passion. I thought they were going to present that in the last case but they didn't. Guess the last lawyer wasn't good enough. Which he wasn't", the lawyer said.

"So how many years would he have then?", Tyquez asked.

"3-5", the lawyer replied.

"I guess I'll give that to him. I guess you'll just be chilling today", Tyquez said.

"That's what I like to here", the lawyer said jokingly.

Jordan walked out of the court room.

"Everything okay?", Tyquez asked.

"Yea. Just going to the vending machine", Jordan replied.

"Oh okay. Well we'll be in the court room", Tyquez replied.

"Okay", Jordan replied with a smile as she continued walking.

Tyquez made a face.

"Everything alright boss?", the lawyer asked.

"Have you ever seen anyone eat chocolate and chips at the same time?", Tyquez asked.

"You mean like chocolate and chips in their mouth at the same time? If so, no sir", the lawyer replied. "Why?"

"It's just that I saw her eating that like 10 minutes ago", Tyquez said. "And then yesterday she was dipping pickle into ice cream"

"That sounds...interesting", the lawyer replied. "My wife used to eat that but only when she was pregnant"

Tyquez looked at Jordan at the vending machine and began to wonder if she was actually pregnant.

TO BE CONTINUED....