Chapter 18

FRIDAY
5:20 P.M

Jordan is currently in the elevator with Tyquez. They didn't really do much talking. It was kind of silent in the elevator.

"So...what are you doing this weekend?", Jordan asked.

"I was supposed to help my mom with something tomorrow but she changed it to Sunday", Tyquez said.

Jordan nods.

"How about you?", Tyquez asked.

"Nothing. Alone in the house, bored", Jordan replied. "My sister is out of town so...yea"

"...well if I'm not doing anything and you aren't doing anything then...how about we do something together? No?", he asked.

"Sure", Jordan replied. "What do you wanna do tomorrow?"

"How about we watch that new movie. The conjuring", Tyquez said. "I heard it pretty good"

"I don't think nothing can beat the last one but yea. Sure we can watch that", Jordan said.

"I'll buy the tickets", Tyquez said.

"And I'll meet you there?", Jordan asked.

"How about I just pick you up?", Tyquez asked.

"I mean like it's nothing to just meet you", Jordan said.

"I invited you so it's no used to both of us burning up gas", Tyquez said. "I'll pick you up"

"True...but I just wanna clear that this isn't a date. This week I've been thinking hard and long about everything these past three months and well... I shouldn't have been doing what I've been doing. Not just because I was married but because it wasn't me. I don't normally do things like that and I guess I let my vulnerability take control", Jordan said as the elevator opened.

They both walked out.

"Right now I'm going through my divorce and well it's hard. Regardless of all of the sex we had, I do need a friend right now.", Jordan said.

"Well I suppose that I can be that friend", Tyquez said.

"Yea... probably", Jordan replied.

Jordan stopped walking once they got outside.

"So I'll see you tomorrow. I'll text you the time", Tyquez said as he continued walking.

"Alright", Jordan said as she walked in another direction to her car.

Saturday
11:30 am

Jordan looked in the mirror to make sure her outfit looked good enough for her standards. It was a causal outfit. She had on a caramel longed sleeved fitted shirt, some high waisted black pants, and black knee high heeled boots. Her hair was slicked back in a long ponytailed.

"Maybe I shouldn't wear these boots", Jordan said to herself.

Somebody began knocking on the door.

"Well I guess it's too late for that", Jordan said as she walked to the door and opened it.

It was Tyquez of course. He had on all black, making sure he showed off his Gucci belt and Rolex. It looked like he got a fresh cut so it made him looked extra daddy material to Jordan.

"Hey. I'm just going to get my purse and jacket and I'm coming", Jordan said.

"Alright. I guess I'll wait inside the car", Tyquez replied as he looked at her outfit.

"Okay", Jordan replied before she went into her room and grabbed her purse.

She went outside and locked the door before walking to his car. Tyquez is currently opening the passenger door for her.

"You don't have to open the door for you me, ya know", Jordan said. "Remember this isn't a date"

"Yea. But I'm a gentleman", Tyquez replied.

Jordan smiled and got inside of the car and Tyquez shut the door.

"Damn this woman is fine", Tyquez mumbled to himself as he walked to the driver side and got into the car.

Jordan looked around the car. He drove a blue Chevrolet Corvette.

"I've always been a fan of sports cars", Jordan said.

"Really. I take you the the SUV type woman", Tyquez said.

"Nah. I love a good turbo engine", Jordan said.

Tyquez started driving.

"You wanna take my car for a drive one day? If you can handle it that is", Tyquez said.

"Oh and I can handle it", Jordan replied.

"We'll see", Tyquez said.

Jordan giggled.

"Boy I don't wanna drive your car", Jordan said. "My parents always said if you don't have the money to fix it, don't borrow it"

"Well let me tell you something. Your parents are smart people", Tyquez replied.

"The smartest people I know", Jordan added.

They continued to talk here and there throughout the duration of the car ride and eventually made it to the movies. As they got to the front of the line. Tyquez started ordering food.

"You want popcorn?",Tyquez asked.

"Yea but I can—"

Tyquez looked at the cashier. All needed to hear her say was yes. "Lemme get a large popcorn, a large blueberry raspberry slushy and...", Tyquez looked at Jordan.

"I'll get the same", Jordan said.

"Make the to slushees of the same favor", Tyquez said as he pulled out his wallet.

"Ooh girl. He got money", a teenage girl said behind them.

Jordan looked at her.

"Girl, you better keep him and run", the other teenager said.

Jordan laughed a little and faced forward.

"Candy?", Tyquez asked Jordan.

"Nah. I'm good", Jordan replied.

Tyquez paid for the food.

They got the popcorn and slushees and walked to their movie.

TO BE CONTINUED...