III

↳ ❝🫐 [chapter 03] ¡! ❞🥃

"ARE YOU SHITTING MY DICK?" Hoseok questioned after hearing the news that one of his men had got busted on the corner by the police. There had recently been an uptick in cops roaming the streets, stopping anyone who even seemed a little suspicious.

Which meant everyone.

V, a relatively new member, stands in front of him with a hardened expression, though, behind those eyes he can see that the boy worries. "That's the 5th time it's happened this month. These police are taking down anyone and everyone. You need to watch yourself, Jung. You're the head of this now. We can't lose you too."

It's been 3 years since Yoongi got Trey put away and that left people scrambling for the open position as leader. The one who stuck was Hoseok. He didn't mind the responsibility, though it was very time-consuming trying to keep up with who's on what corners, which cops are willing to forget about certain issues for a certain amount.

It was very tiring.

In 3 years, Hoseok has managed to spread their power, now completely taking over most of the park and spreading out into the big city with money laundering, ties to casinos, extortion, blackmailing.

Everything was going splendidly.

Nearly, that is.

It's these damn cops. The city was trying to clean up the hood, get rid of the crime so they can start revocation, and making new buildings around the block. It wasn't necessarily a bad thing but it was getting in the way of Hoseok's business.

"We'll have to be more careful. Tell them to move spots every once in a while and keep every interaction as brief as possible."

V nodded. "Okay now that our business is over." He came and hopped up on the table beside Hoseok with a smile. He had thrown off his alias of V and was now Taehyung Kim, a 23-year-old who simply joined the gang for protection like most of them did.

Hoseok and Taehyung had become friends when Taehyung joined 2 years ago. With Yoongi gone, Taehyung made good company. The years (and maybe a little bit of weed) made Hoseok tired, more mellowed out. Taehyung's energy kept the balance.

One curious thing about Taehyung was his odd obsession with headbands and bandanas. You would never find him without out. Today, it was a green bandana covering his forehead before disappearing under his dark, brown hair.

"Where were you last night? We were supposed to be meeting for drinks." He pouted softly. "When I got there you were nowhere to be found. I sat there for 2 hours...I felt stood up."

Hoseok chuckled softly. "Yeah, sorry 'bout that. I met this fine ass girl though." He thought about Lia, quite the vixen she was, from the smile down to the way she teasingly rolled her hips against his. Little memories of last night make him smile.