XX

↳ ❝🫐 [chapter 20] ¡! ❞🥃

THE SAJA CASINO WAS THE BIGGEST IN PHILADELPHIA. There were two in the entire state, the other being in Pittsburgh. There were a few in the surrounding states as well but Seokjin was trying to branch out and eventually make it to Vegas.

It was everything and more, a casino mainly, but a restaurant, bar, hotel, spa. Quite literally everything. An empire built upon stepping on the faces of others and cash dirtier than the Baltic Sea.

If Hoseok wanted to make his way up, he'd have to get in good graces with Seokjin. Sure, clubs were one thing, but whole ass casinos were a whole new monster.

The two step through the front, automatic sliding doors, and into the main section of the casino. It was filled with golden light from the diamond chandeliers that hung from the ceiling. You can hear the sound of the slot machines that fill the room and the tables to the side surrounded by people in the middle of various games, poker, blackjack, casino war, etc.

Lia's eyes go wide with wild excitement, ready to go and live it up, spending money that wasn't hers while Hoseok takes care of whatever business he needs to. He's here for work, she's here for leisure.

Hoseok walks with his hand on the small of Lia's back, looking around the floor for the house owner himself. They were to play a game while talking, nothing more than a little fun.

Hoseok dug in his pocket and took out his card, offering it to Lia. "Here. Don't go crazy, I can't lose all my money in one night." He doesn't expect her to stay with him the whole time so, "stay within sight too."

His hand slid from her back as he spotted Seokjin waiting at a table with a few other players along with some girls surrounding them. And a spot open for him.

Guess he could bring guests.

Lia grabbed Hoseok's wrist as he departed from her. "I actually want to come with you." She told him. She wasn't ready to go out on her own so it was best to go along with Hoseok. Lia had no interest in what he did or his business, but she liked the way Hoseok was beginning to touch her possessively.

Hoseok looked at her with a curious gaze. He wasn't entirely sure if it would be a good idea to bring her along. But, there were other women there so it might not be too bad.

Hoseok sighed. If she wanted to come, she'd come but he couldn't promise that she'd stay.

Seokjin knew Hoseok wasn't as prevalent or powerful as some of the other people he could get into business with, but he was certainly promising. He was making his way up from the absolute bottom through pure will and determination. Seokjin sees it as an investment in Hoseok's future.

Hoseok wasn't as big and powerful as the others but his presence demands respect. He wouldn't be downplayed or treated as less than. He was equal. Seokjin understood that.