XXV

↳ ❝🫐 [chapter 25] ¡! ❞🥃

ANGELO FIRST TOLD LIA HE LOVED HER while they were making out in the school bathroom in Senior year. He said it between soft pants while he kissed her. Lia remembered smiling like crazy for the entire week, nothing could make her upset.

8 years later. Someone else told Lia he loved her. Hoseok. He did it standing at the bottom of her porch stairs, crying. She didn't smile. Instead, she cried. She cried her heart out. She cried until she fell asleep, tears staining her cheeks.

"I love you."

That could mean so many things. Friends can say that to each other without any romantic context behind it. But then again, there could be romantic context behind and she didn't know which one it was.

All she knew was that she loved him too in both contexts.

When Lia woke up the next morning, still laying in her favorite chair, Angelo was already awake, in the kitchen making breakfast as he insisted to do on the weekends. Of course, Lia ate but that didn't mean she would forgive him.

Her eyes felt dry and raw when she opened them, after spending hours crying, it was only natural. Lia was immediately dragged down by her sadness. She doesn't wanna get up or move and technically she doesn't have to but showers were a necessity.

So Lia forced herself to get up and shuffle her way past her husband as she makes her way upstairs to take a shower and then lie around, eating ice cream and crying.

Angelo noticed her passing by and turned around to tell her good morning but she had completely passed him by without a single word and dragged herself upstairs.

She made her way into the bathroom, closing and locking the door behind herself. She stripped herself down to nude and put on her shower cap to protect her hair before getting into the tub and turning on the water.

Lia doesn't know if she made the right decision to cut it off in all honesty. All she knew was that Angelo was crazy and probably would kill him if he ever figured out that she was sleeping with Hoseok.

She knew not to underestimate Hoseok but she knew even better not to underestimate Angelo's anger. She always told him to go to anger management therapy but there was only so much they could do. He truly use to be much worse, getting angry over the smallest things.

Hoseok had never expressed anger until last night when he thought Angelo had hit her. To that, he was willing to kill as well and his threat certainly should be taken more seriously. He could be fully capable of cold-blooded murder.

Lia sits in the shower, letting the water run over her body, mingling and mixing with the tears that had begun to roll down her cheeks. She would miss him. The way he held her, the way he smelled, the way he smiled at her. She'd miss it all.