XXIV

↳ ❝🫐 [chapter 24] ¡! ❞🥃

ANGELO IS LATE AGAIN. Lia noticed that he was an hour later than unusual and at this point, she was just tired of caring. She was tired of constantly being on his ass because it was just exhausting.

Or maybe because she was too occupied with Hoseok. She texted him throughout the day and nearly every night they'd talk over the phone. When they weren't talking over the phone, they were together, either in Lia's bed, Hoseok's, or wherever they could find themselves alone for long enough.

Whenever Hoseok came over to Lia's house. She was always sure to keep him in the blind spot of the security cameras in the living room and outside. Though, at this point, she was sure Angelo had forgotten all about them. It's been years since he last checked them. Lia wasn't sure if they were even on still, but she couldn't be too careful.

Lia sat in the kitchen, making spaghetti for dinner while she texted Hoseok. He was talking about how when he was 18, he as his friend would play tag in the middle of the street at night. They'd be in their own separate car, racing down empty streets. When the person who was it managed to force the person being chased to stop, then the person being chased was it. Hoseok would whip in front of his friend's car, forcing him to stop but also risking a crash.

Me:
You are a menace to society I stg

Hoseok:
Nothing wrong with a little danger, mama. It doesn't even have to be life threatening danger

Hoseok likes the risk as well. Maybe less than he did when he was younger, when he was younger he had no concern for his own life. He wasn't doing anything important and all he had was himself. But now a lot of people rely on him. He had people's livelihoods in his hands. If he dies, they perish with him.

It's more like- he can't afford to be a reckless idiot anymore. Not to say he doesn't do idiotic stuff, like sleeping with a suburban housewife when her husband was just on the cusp of figuring them out, but his days of playing tag in giant, one-ton vehicles that could kill him were over.

Now it was diving deeper into the crime of this city until someone comes and shoots him in the head. Great.

Lia understood that crave for something exciting, dangerous, risky. That's why she kept Hoseok around in the beginning, now, she liked him. She told herself that she wouldn't grow attached, that this was a temporary thing, but here she was, smiling like an idiot at her phone.

Lia turned off her phone when she heard the front door open. Her smile fell from her as she shoved her phone into her pocket and continued stirring the pot of noodles. "You're home." She acknowledged when Angelo walked into the kitchen.

He looked at her for a long while, his eyes not particularly angry or normal, they were just neutral. Lia raised a single brow at him. "What?"

Finally, Angelo came over and wrapped his arms around her waist, and leans over to place his head on her shoulder. "I'm sorry." He murmured softly.