XVIII

↳ ❝🫐 [chapter 18] ¡! ❞🥃

"UNCLE SEOK!"

Hoseok turns around just in time to catch the child barreling towards him, his nephew Daewon. He groaned as he picked up the 8-year-old, smiling. "Hey buddy, getting big now, aren't you?"

"You wouldn't believe."

Hoseok put the kid down and looked up, his eyes meeting the mother of said child, Misun, Hoseok's sister. She was pulling her back into a ponytail though there wasn't much to tie back. She smiled at her brother, stopping in front of him while Hoseok put Daewon on his shoulders.

"How are you, Noona?"

Misun and Hoseok were close of course. Only having each other in poverty really helped with bonding. They looked out for each other. They had to do some unsavory things to survive.

She sighed, crossing her arms over her chest. "Fine. Dae's been wanting to see you for a while now so I thought I'd take him before he spends the summer with his father."

Misun and her husband, David, had divorced 3 years ago, ending it on... relatively good terms. They only talk when it came to Daewon. Every year, he stays with his dad in Ohio for the summer.

Misun sighed. "Okay, I have errands to run. Dae, be good for your uncle and Hoseok, if anything happens to my baby, I will stab you in the jugular." Her eyes sharpened and her words became like daggers. Misun's promises weren't empty, never. If she said she was gonna do something, she will do it.

"And don't take him to a fucking drug deal." She told Hoseok as she gave him Daewon's bag. The boy was spending the night.

"That was once 5 years ago. Let it the fuck go. He'll be fine." Hoseok waved his hand before grabbing the bag. He looked up and Daewon. "You ready for some fun with Uncle Seok?"

The young boy threw his arms up into the air. "Yeah!" He grinned from ear to ear. "Bye, mommy!" He waved at Misun.

The woman waved back, her eyes softening. "Have fun, baby. Don't stay up too late, okay?" That last part was mostly directed at Hoseok. He nodded. "Okay, bud. Come on." He put Daewon down and held his small hand.

Misun watched as they walked away with a sigh. She brought Daewon to stay with Hoseok every so often to humble him. He was growing up in a good neighborhood with two loving parents and everything he could ever want. He was far more fortunate than a lot of people so to make sure he didn't grow spoiled and privileged, she would remind him that a lot of people have far less than he does.

So now she has to trust Hoseok to take care of her baby.

Oh God.

-