Epilogue

↳ ❝🫐 [epilogue] ¡! ❞🥃

"MOMMY, WHEN IS DADDY COMING OUT?" Renée tugged on Lia's hand as they wait outside of the facility for Hoseok to get out. Today was Hoseok's release day, after 7 long, hard years of lone parenthood, Hoseok would be coming home.

Renée, now a 6-year-old, was eager to see her dad again. The last time they were here was a month ago and since then, she's been asking nearly every day when she'd see him again. This would be her first time seeing him outside of an orange jumpsuit.

Lia sighed. She was waiting too. He should be out by now. Her heart was racing in her chest. It's been so long since she's been able to kiss him for longer than 5 seconds. Oh God, and sex. She hadn't had actual sex in years. Don't get her wrong, she's been tempted before, but she sucked it up and turned potential suitors away because she lived Hoseok too much.

And she knew the sex would be absolutely mind-blowing when he got out.

"Soon, baby. Soon." Lia smiled and ran her fingers through Renée's curly hair. She looked like a perfect mix between Lia herself and Hoseok. Lia personally thinks she looks most like whichever parent she's next to. But oh, her smile. She has Hoseok's exact smile.

There were times where she'd look at her and just cry. She missed Hoseok so much and her daughter was somehow just like him. Blunt, unfiltered, but loving and adorable. Whenever Lia was sad, she'd come over and wipe her tears before hugging her, no matter the reason.

There was a loud buzzing noise and both girls look up to see the gate opening.

Hoseok had changed a little, obviously from his time in prison. His once loose shirt fit him a bit more snug now. He had built more muscle but was still lean and strong. He had more tattoos as well, all down his arms, on his neck, and hands.

He looked really good for someone who's supposed to be "old and crusty". Very rugged and sexy.

Renée's eyes lit up at the sight of him. "Daddy!" She said, running up to him before leaping into his arms. Hoseok grinned widely and picked her up. "Oh, hi baby." He said, kissing her rosy cheeks while he hugged her tight. He squeezed her like he was trying to break her back, making the girl wheeze. "Daddy, I can't breathe."

"Just a few more seconds." He said. He continued to hug her, reveling in this moment where there was no one to tell him to keep it short. He wanted to hug her forever at this point, just to make up for all the times he couldn't.

He sighed and loosened his grip on her. "Okay, I'm done." He gave her one last kiss on the cheek before putting her down. His eyes lifted and there stood Lia, looking with a smile.

God, he missed her so much.

Hoseok walked over, holding Renée's small hand in his. Both of their hearts raced as he grew closer. They had been waiting for this day for so long, now it was finally here and they didn't know what to do.