XXXVIII

↳ ❝🫐 [chapter 38] ¡! ❞🥃

The world is gloomy today. There's no sun, only thick, grey clouds and tossing winds that make Lia pull her jacket tighter around her body. It was actually Hoseok's jacket, but it was thick and warm, and it smelled like him.

Taehyung and Yoongi are sitting at a table, arguing about something while Lia just sits at the empty swings and watches them. She wonders if it's going to rain today, trying to distract herself from the pressing thought of how Hoseok was doing.

They were about to go to his bail hearing and all of their greatest concern was that the judge wouldn't grant bail and Hoseok would be in jail for weeks or even months until his court date.

Lia tried to stay strong. Not cry as much. It took everything in her not to march down to Angelo's house and give him a second beating, but that wouldn't do anything to help Hoseok and his situation.

"Lia!"

She looked up and saw Taehyung waving her over. They were gonna go now. It started in an hour and they had to get down to the courthouse. Lia got up from the swings and walked back over to the two men so they could go.

Taehyung put his arm over her shoulder, giving her a side hug. "We'll get him back home to you, okay? His bail isn't usually over 90,000." He gave her one of his charming, boxy smiles to reassure her.

"Come on, we gotta go or we'll miss the hearing." Yoongi nodded his head forward and began walking back to Lia's car. She had given him the keys to drive. He has ridden his car until the wheels fell off and it could barely start now. On a lucky day, he'd be able to get to work and get home before his car needed a 3-day break.

-

Lia had only been to court once. She was called to do jury duty for some drunk-driver thing. She remembered being so nervous like she was the one on trial. But that anxiety was nothing compared to how she was feeling today. She couldn't stop picking at her nails, looking around the courtroom behind the rail that blocks the public from the main floor.

She sits in the front row with Yoongi and Taehyung to her left. They were waiting for the hearing to begin and for Hoseok to get here with his attorney. It's only been a day, but Lia missed him so much.

She saw Angelo sitting on the benches as well, his face battered and bruised along with the rest of his body. He had crutches with him. Lia couldn't help but be happy that he got what he deserved, she just wished she had told Hoseok to be more careful about it beforehand. Angelo looked at her, his eyes boring into hers as he longs to talk to her.

Lia can't say she wants the same. All she wanted was to see Hoseok again.

The wait seemed to take forever and the anxiety was really getting to her.