XII

↳ ❝🫐 [chapter 12] ¡! ❞🥃

HOSEOK VOULD NEVER SAY HE PARTICULARLY ENJOYED HIS CHILDHOOD. How could he enjoy living with a woman who resented his very existence and once again, would sell him for a line of coke?

There was the homelessness for a time, the weeks she would disappear off the face of the Earth in some crackhouse, leaving Hoseok with the neighbors who were willing to take care of him.

Hoseok honestly could care less for his mom. She could die on the streets for all he cares and he'd probably laugh at her as cruel as it was. Or maybe that's what he always told himself. She was his mom at the end of the day and the number of times he dragged her out of her crack-den where ever that was had to count from something.

She was the past that held him back. That anchored him to the bottom of the food chain, an anchor he couldn't ahead.

That's why Hoseok stands outside of this rehab center, holding the umbrella Lia had left with him to shield from the rain. His expression was hard, almost scowling with a distaste for the place, namely, the person inside.

At this point, this was just an act of service. It wasn't personal or sentimental in any way. If he had a choice not to visit his mom, he would've tossed her in the center and walked the fuck off without even sparing a glance behind him.

But that wasn't an option for reasons unknown so here he was.

Hoseok could've completely rid himself of this nuisance years ago, left her on the verge of death where he found her, and completely erase her from his mind and life. That was the only thing he could think about as he made his way through the front rotating doors.

The rehab center was nice, expensive seeing as Hoseok had to pay for it. It was a good center with a high success rate for successful rehabilitation.

Hoseok puts down the umbrella and makes his way over to the front receptionist desk where his favorite receptionist sat. Gloria, a sweet old lady who was always easily swooned by a simple smile and a wink from Hoseok.

"Hey, Gloria. How are you?" Hoseok leans against the desk, displaying one of his infamous smiles across his lips. The lady adjusts her glasses, looking up at the handsome man with a smile of her own. "Oh Hoseok, I was wondering when you'd come in. Your mother is in her room and- I'm fine, sweetheart."

Hoseok knocked on the counter. "I know. Thanks, Gloria." He gave her a quick wink before walking off towards the elevators to get to his mother's room, leaving a blushing woman behind the counter.

Hoseok couldn't help but wonder on the way up to her room how long this would last. This wasn't her first time in rehab, this was actually his third time readmitting her. Every time she got better, she always fell back to her old ways when things got even a little hard.