XXVII

↳ ❝🫐 [chapter 27] ¡! ❞🥃

LIA HAD SET HER AND ANGELO'S THERAPY session for 6 pm, plenty of time for him to get off of work and drive down to the office for their session and get there on time.

Lia had made it there by 5:47 and remained seated in the waiting room with one leg crossed over another and a random magazine in hand as she awaits her husband's arrival.

But he's taking too long.

Dr. Blau had come out of her office, calling for "Mr. and Mrs. Cain" only for Lia to be there. The woman was put in an awkward situation where she had to tell the doctor that her husband wasn't here yet.

So they waited, and they waited and waited. Until the time that would've been their session was already passed and Dr. Blau had to bring in her next patients.

To say Lia was pissed was an understatement. She was absolutely livid at her husband. She was trying to make things right, to put forth the effort, and take a step in the right direction. She was trying to forget about Hoseok and stay committed to her husband but it seemed as though he wasn't even trying.

He wanted her to forgive him but wasn't willing to put forth the work to come to a fucking therapist so that they could get there.

Well fuck him, fuck him, that bitch he slept with, fuck his parents for making him- well actually no. His parents were great and really nice so how did he end up so fuck up?

Lia was enraged all the way home, slamming the door behind her. Angelo wasn't home yet, off somewhere, anywhere at this point. Lia couldn't possibly know.

For once she wanted to trust someone, to know she can rely on them. She was tired of not finding that comfort in her husband.

So Lia sat down with a glass of wine, a crate of blueberries, and a murder documentary about a woman who had murdered her abusive husband, the only three things she needs to feel better. It was a very tempting idea but of course, Lia wasn't a murderer and wasn't capable of murder.

So she sat there, waiting for her husband to return home as the minutes passed. They added up to an hour before she heard his keys jangling behind the door.

Lia turned off the TV and turned towards the door as Angelo cracked it open with her wine glass in hand. She was ready to tear him a new one, light his ass on fire.

"You didn't show." Lia's voice was scarily calm and steady as she sipped on her wine. Angelo could see the flame lit behind her eyes but the fact that she wasn't yelling was terrifying.

Angelo stood beside the door. "Baby, I'm sorry. I had to work late and I forgot-"

"How could I possibly believe that?"

He had to be stupid to expect her to believe that. The whole reason she wanted to do therapy was because he was a liar and a cheater and she wanted him to do better.