XLI

↳ ❝🫐 [chapter 41] ¡! ❞🥃

"YOU WHAT?!" Lia's eyes blew wide as she stepped back away from him. She had to have heard him wrong, but there's nothing else he could be talking about. He said he was going to prison.

Their moment was interrupted by a knock on the door. Couldn't be anyone but Taehyung, so Hoseok left to open the door. Lia looked back to Yoongi who looked like he just walked in on a situation he wasn't supposed to be a part of.

Taehyung came inside, kicking off his shoes with the rest of the pile. For once, he wasn't wearing a bandana or headband. "So what am I here for?" He smiled, lifting his head. But his happy-go-lucky attitude vanished when he saw the expressions of Lia and Yoongi.

"What? What did I miss?"

"Hoseok said he was going to fucking prison!" Lia was obviously not happy about it. She honestly looked like she was about to cry and throw a shoe at his head.

Hoseok closed her eyes. "Okay, it's not like that. Just let me explain, okay? That's why I needed all of you guys here." He motioned Taehyung inside so he could close the door. This was a stressful moment for all of them, but they needed to keep a level head. He needed to keep a level head.

Lia crossed her arms over her chest and lowered her head to look at her feet. Anything he could possibly say couldn't make her reaction feel unjustified. If there was any chance at all that Hoseok could go to prison, much less a "near 100% chance" as he phrased it, Lia would go hysterical.

"I met with my lawyer and she said that they're offering a plea bargain," Hoseok told them, pacing in front of the TV. "They offered me 7 years without the possibility of parole if I plea guilty or they'd try to box me up."

Lia held out her hand and shook her head. "What does that mean."

"They're gonna try to get him maximum jail time for each charge against him." Taehyung sighed, rubbing his exposed forehead. "That could be a life sentence, especially with a violent crime."

Lia closed her eyes and inhaled sharply. "No, no, I don't care. You can't do this Hoseok. You have to go to trial." She knew she sounded stupid. That there was a huge risk that came with him going to trial, but she couldn't be separated from him again.

"And potentially spend life in prison?" Hoseok questioned. "Baby, I don't like this either, but it's looking like this is my only option."

"It's never your only option." She snapped at him. "If I know anything about you, it's that you're smart and you're good at avoiding the worst of a risky situation. The number of stories you've told me, you've been in life-threatening situations, but here you are."