XXXI

↳ ❝🫐 [chapter 31] ¡! ❞🥃

THIS WAS HER FIRST TIME COMING BACK HOME home in over a week and Lia felt a sort of resentment. The picture-perfect house with the expensive Cadillac in front, knowing that inside the perfection was a mess. She was a mess, Angelo was a mess.

Lia was so angry. At Angelo, at herself, at the whole world. He cheated on her with so many different women, maybe since the very beginning of their marriage. She was so stupid to believe him, his lies. As much as Lia would love to think that she's smart, she was gullible, so willing to believe anything that came out of his mouth.

She parked in front of the house and got out. She was done with this, all of this. Lia didn't want the big house anymore, she didn't want the fancy car. She didn't want Angelo anymore. She wanted something more, not materialistic. Hoseok gave her more than that. It was more than anything Angelo gave her.

Lia was ready to move on, but not until she confronted Angelo. She wanted the whole truth. Everything. And she wouldn't leave until she got it.

Lia took her keys and unlocked the front door before pushing open the door carelessly. "Angelo! Angelo, get your ass down here, you bastard!" She hollered out, slamming the door closed behind herself.

She could hear the sound of footsteps upstairs and soon, Angelo was making his way down from the second floor. "Lia, you're back." He breathes, acknowledging his wife standing in his living room, her eyes lit with fury.

"You motherfucker. You liar. How many women did you actually sleep it?!" She yelled at him. "I talked to Laila and she said that she wasn't the first. So how many?" She pushed him, tears swelling in her eyes.

A shameful look sowed over Angelo's face as he looks at her, on the edge of tears. He knew that he had started all this and it was him to blame for her sadness. He had lied to her, over and over and over. He had broken her trust, her mind, her heart.

"Lia-"

"Just tell me, goddamnit!"

Angelo sighed. There was no way he could keep up the lies, the cheating. She had figured it out, all of it, everything he had tried to hide from her in some misguided "thoughtfulness" trying to "protect" her.

He had to come clean now.

"4 girls. Most of them were one-time things. Laila was the only one who lasted." Angelo told her. "I'm sorry that I lied to you and I'm sorry that I did this to you-"

"How could you!" Lia screamed at him. "How could you do this to me? How could you sit here and lie to me?! Your wife! You were supposed to love me!"

"You aren't innocent either!" Angelo barked at her. He had found out some things as well. Things that he wasn't happy about, that sent him into a mad rage, making him destroy their room.