XXXIII

↳ ❝🫐 [chapter 33] ¡! ❞🥃

LIA DIDN'T KNOW WHAT TO THINK WHEN Hoseok came home with dried blood on his hands. Happy that Angelo got what he deserved. Scared that hoseok may have actually killed him. Horny because Hoseok was willing to do so much to defend her.

Lia got up and rushed over to him. The first thing she did was hug him. Sher wrapped her arms around his neck and hugged him tightly. "Thank you." She murmured softly. She had been different over the past few days, scared, waking up feeling as though she couldn't breathe.

Hoseok smiled. "Anything for you, mama." He pulled back and held her face in his hands. Even with blood, he was still soft with her, and even with blood in his hands, Lia still smiled at him, still trusted him. She pulled him in and kissed him hard. She was in love with him as stupid as it was to fall again so soon and with a man like him.

But the heart chooses who it wants despite the brain waving all the red flags. The red flags looked so green right now.

Hoseok smiled against her lips. "Let me get this off my hands." He told her. He didn't want to keep kissing her with her husband's blood on his hands. She nodded, letting him go so he could wash his hands.

Lia felt a sort of freedom now. Like she didn't have to be tied down anymore. There was a weight, a guilt that came off her shoulders. She could live wild and free like she's always wanted. She thought Angelo could give that to her, but then she found herself in the suburbs, trapped in a dull, boring life of the same things every day.

Lia could only beg that Hoseok wouldn't give her the same. She didn't want safe, same, boring. Sure there was the cereal and Rick and Morty which was routine, but Lia could live with that. That wasn't their entire lives, their entire relationship. It was a good, peaceful part of it.

Hoseok had washed his hands and came back out into the living room where Lia waits for him, her mind swirling with thoughts and her eyes show it. He frowned softly and sat down beside her, pushing her hair behind her ear. "Are you okay?"

Lia hummed, looking at him and then lowering her head. "I just-" she went silent for a moment. "You know I love you, right? I love you so much, Hoseok. So much that it hurts." She grabs his hands.

Hoseok gave a nervous laugh. He always tried to get comical in situations that made him nervous. Like he said, it's a coping mechanism. "Well, no conversation has ever ended well starting with those words."

"Hoseok-" she was being serious and Hoseok had to treat it as such. So he cleared his throat. "Okay, I'm serious. This is my serious face."

Lia sighed heavily. "You know how my life was before and...well while I was seeing you. It was boring and routine and I didn't do anything all day?" Hoseok nodded. "Yeah, you hated it."

She didn't really know how to put this into words for him. "Exactly. I hated that so much and...I can't do that again, Hoseok. It was torture." Her grip tightened on his hands as she looked at him. "I was a kept woman with my husband, my own husband in my own house and I can't be like that again. I needed something different, something more. That's why I'm afraid of all of this because I thought I could do anything with Angelo and I'm afraid the same thing will happen with you."

Hoseok could understand that, sympathize with it. She couldn't be kept in a box. It wasn't the life for her to be some housewife for a man who couldn't appreciate her. She didn't need to be locked in some golden cage.

Hoseok smiled at her and took her hands, kissing both of them gently. "I won't treat you like a bird in a cage, okay? You can do whatever you want and I'll be right there in a sexy cheerleader outfit with pompoms and everything cheering you on." That made Lia smile and laugh.

"We can travel the country if you want. Not even that, the world. There can never be a dull moment if that's what you want. Anything your heart desires, I'll try everything in my power to see it through." He just wanted Lia to be happy. He wanted her to be free. To do whatever she wanted without him holding her back. If she'd be happier, traveling the world without him, then so be it.

Lia felt lucky to have Hoseok. She wrapped her arms around him and hugged him tight. She loved him, his smell of Henny and cologne, his dazzling smile, his reassuring words, and jokes. Lia loved him and she wanted to spend her days with him until they were old and crusty and unable to move.

She wanted to be with him for as long as she could before this bliss came to an end.

"I never want you to feel trapped with me, okay? I never want you to lie to me if you are." If Lia was ever unhappy with him, it would simply break his heart. Hoseok never planned to fall this deep in the way he did. He never planned to have the kind of love Yoongi had with Eva because that would mean it would end the same and Hoseok simply refused- He refused to let her die. History won't repeat itself.

"Okay."

-

Lia can't really move in with Hoseok if she doesn't have any personal items to move. She didn't want any of the stuff Angelo bought her, or at least, she didn't want to go get it while he was home. Hoseok offered to go get some stuff for her, but in fear that he may actually kill Angelo, she didn't want him going.

So in the meantime, It was a rotation of her clothes and Hoseok's. She managed to make it work and make herself look presentable. She looked like a mini him, dressed in his baggy clothes. Hoseok liked it.

Hoseok decided to get her familiar with the neighborhood, showing her the streets, telling her where it's safe to go and where it's not. The rules of the place. It was safer than before to go to the park at night, but he wouldn't take that risk.

Hoseok took her to the park with him during the day and there she met Taehyung who was more than enthusiastic to meet her.

"So you're the girl Seok's been going on and on about. He will never shut up about you." Taehyung eyes the woman up and down her frame standing beside Hoseok. His eyes come back up to her face, a boxy grin coming to his lips. "You're certainly prettier than I imagined. I understand why he was so obsessed with you." He offered out a hand to her, a friendly gesture to her. Lia took it and shook it. "It's nice to meet you too, Taehyung."

Hoseok made it very clear to drive it into her head not to go outside at night.

"Don't go anywhere at night, especially not alone. I can't afford anything to happen to you, okay. It's for your genuine safety. You can do as much dangerous shit as you want, just not that." Hoseok kept his voice firm. He needed Lia to know he was serious. The thought of seeing Lia laying on the ground, littered with bullets was her worst fear. His biggest nightmare.

Lia understood. That was her one boundary and so she didn't cross it. She was just happy to be with Hoseok, finally free to live the way she wants, living most nights as if it were her last with him. And on the days where they'd just sit and eat cereal, they were just as good.

Lia felt that she could be happy for the first time in a long time.

*.✧ Kᴀʏs Eɴᴅɪɴɢ Nᴏᴛᴇs

School starts in 3 days and I'm not ready. I went clothes shipping, got a new book bag but I don't have any supplies so that's fun.

Thank you all for reading. I hope you guys enjoyed and I wish you all a wonderful day/night.

사랑해

~Kay (・_・;)