02. Get Your Ball On

Treasa and Alora plumped down on the couch in the suite, Alora smiling. "I'll volunteer as a helping hand at the ball, I bet not many people are gonna do it, and I want to help the staff. It must be so tiresome to decorate the hall. And my flying and fairy stamina are pretty high, I think I'll be of good use to these people."

Cécilia opened her small phone purse to grab her smartphone. "You sound a little desperate for work, just let the others do it."

"At least she does something." Treasa gritted her teeth and Cécilia waved her angry demeanor off. "I wasn't talking to you, Treasa."

Treasa then got up and walked into her room grumpily, closing the door, Alora glanced at Cécilia. "Hey...that was a little mean. I want us all to get along well."

The light fairy then put her phone back into the purse, looking at the ground. "Well...actually, she started it." Alora furrowed her brows. "What do you mean?"

"Look," Cécilia rubbed her lower arm, nervous to speak. "I don't wanna be this person because I feel I should be the bigger person here uhm...but I feel like you respect other people a lot. And I know you won't be mad...at her." Alora got up and squeezed her shoulder. "I console so so many sweet souls at the hospital and nursing home, you can tell me what bothers you, maybe we can work it out!"

Cécilia looked around before breathing out aloud. "In the bathroom, we weren't fighting about the bathroom time...well, yes that too, but it would've never gotten that heated if Treasa didn't leave this...bad remark."

Alora nodded, letting her continue.

"I have a plushie, you know. I'm still a little irritated to be here, although I've been here so many times. Sleeping and learning here is a whole new experience. I sometimes let my anger or sadness, or in this case, a little anxiety and stress out on my plushie – by talking to him...I went into the bathroom and took Mr. Floof with me, and then I just whispered to him what was bothering me...and then Treasa knocked, which startled me a little and I replied to with yes? Which she probs took as an invitation and so she saw me stressed, blushing, almost crying with my plushie pressed against me. And then she just said 'I thought you were taking a shit in here, never thought you were still a toddler'...and-and I said why and she said you still have a stuffed animal, what the hell is wrong with you and like...some-some other mean words that literally made me have an anxiety attack, so I pushed her out...and cried a little...I think shortly after that you came. You saw me refreshing my makeup, I was actually done a long time ago."

Alora sighed as she took Cécilia into her arms for a tight hug. "There's nothing to be ashamed of by having a plushie, I have one myself, you just haven't seen it, and I'm pretty grown-up, aren't I?" Cécilia nodded after they ended the hug and she exhaled loudly. "Please...don't talk with Treasa about this, I would like to solve this myself. I bet you have enough consoling to do at your work. Let this be my work then." The blue haired fairy nodded with a warm smile on her lips. "That's very mature of you, you're doing well, Cécilia."

-

The library door swung open and Alora entered, Miss Roxy smiling at her and waving her over. Alora was told the library was the place fairies could come to if they wanted to help with the hall decorations and preparations. Roxy walked over to Alora with a clipboard. "Hello! Do you want to help?"

Alora nodded. "Yes, I'd love to! I could pretty much do anything." Roxy tapped the board in her hands, smiling. "Well, cooking is not necessary, this is done by the staff only – it's been a frequently asked question, so I'm giving you a heads up. We have the most fairies for decorating the tables, and two fairies for hanging up decorations so far."