15. Affray In Paradise

TW: Mentioning of abuse

"Where could it be...?" Elgan tapped his chin and looked around, still not able to find a yellow marble deed and another day at the gorgeous beach had already passed.

"Good morning! Alora said you're desperate." A voice spoke behind him and Elgan turned around, facing a beaming Conall. The fairy smiled yet sighed. "Yeah, we have to find a specific flower but I just can't seem to find it. Only Alora and I are in philosophy class together, the others are helping but then again – they don't need to do it so...no one is helping too much."

Conall nodded and stepped closer. "Maybe I can help you! What's the flower's name?"

"A yellow marble deed. We only know what it looks like, we're supposed to carefully take one out of the ground, with roots and all, and then watch it and write a poem. And plant it again since we don't want to harm the flowers." Elgan folded his hands, rubbing them shyly.

The specialist gasped in joy. "I love them! They're so special! They close and open at specific times of the day and it depends if they're kept inside or outside – and how much they're taken care of."

Elgan smiled at his knowledge and examined Conall's outfit and his entire being. He...really is pretty... The fairy has never seen him in daylight, either the fairies were gone the entire day to work on Alfea assignments or the specialists took on trips without them, coming back when it was darker outside already.

"You up for it, Elgan?" Conall grinned and Elgan only blinked at him confused. "I...I'm sorry, what?"

"I asked if I should track them down, yellow marble deeds should be quite common around here." He smiled softly and Elgan chuckled nervously. "Yeah, haha, that would be great! We just couldn't find any around here..."

Conall motioned him to follow and they walked deeper into the woods all the while Elgan covered his face behind his palm in embarrassment. I can't believe I stared at him this much while he was talking...he must think I'm stuck up and ignorant...

"Okay..." Conall gently patted a big tree and looked over to Elgan. "I'll kinda speak to the tree because marble deeds usually grow very close to trees, so the tree will tell where the next flower can be found."

Elgan gasped in excitement. "You can speak with trees?!"

The specialist laid his palm flat against a tree and smiled. "Well...I listen to them. I talk with them via telepathy, I don't really talk. We read each other's minds and I see the images in my head."

Both quieted down and Conall concentrated, closing his eyes and shortly after there was a soft breeze around their noses and bushes as well as the leaves of the surrounding trees began to rustle in unison.

The nature calmed down and Conall pointed to the left with an assuring look. "It's just around the corner!"

Elgan clapped and chuckled. "I can't wait to finally finish this homework, it's one of the most important ones. It's so weird, we only saw other yellow flowers around."

Conall walked ahead and Elgan promptly jogged up to him, listening to the young man. "Well, the yellow marble deed has a very bright shade of yellow, I don't think it could've been easily missed, but then again, we can't see everything. Oh- look!" Conall bent down to the flower and Elgan glanced around, noticing some familiar spots.

He squinted his eyes. "I swear, we've been past here..." Elgan's phone vibrated and he checked his messages. "It's Alora...Florence is here."

Conall looked up. "Why?"