21. Duke it Out

"Are you okay?" Elgan turned to one of his friends and said fairy shook her head. "I...no, that can't be." She took a step forward and called out. "Neoma! What are you doing?!"

Upon hearing Treasa shout her name Neoma snapped her head the group's way and disappeared into thin air. Treasa ran into the middle of the room and coughed heavily, looking around. Alora ran after her and pulled on her arm, coughing as well. "Treasa, Treasa, we have to get out!"

All of a sudden, the smoke seemed to be sucked to a source behind them and when they turned around Florence stood behind them, all the smoke disappearing in her palm. After that she also killed the flames that were still burning generously. When everything was quiet, she looked around, shaking her head. "What the hell happened?!"

Treasa still in disbelief, blinking slowly, so Alora took on the explanation part. "Minu and I saw smoke coming out of the library, we called the three others, then we witnessed someone burning and letting the books explode. It was Treasa's friend Neoma, Ma'am."

Florence looked at Treasa who painfully shook her head. "She wouldn't do that! It can't be her! This was a sick joke! Please, Miss Florence, you out of all know she wouldn't do that!"

She furrowed her eyebrows and looked around. "Treasa? Please tell Neoma right now to not come anywhere close to the Alfea campus, will you do that?" Treasa nodded quickly and in a span of a second texted her beloved witch-turned-fairy.

"Did you witness the same?" Florence looked at Cécilia, Elgan and Minu and all nodded in unison, she then turned around and walked through the swarm of students standing in front of the library. "No one enters the library, Alora and Treasa – you stay inside here." Florence left the scene and the two fairies inside looked at each other.

Florence returned a minute later and closed the door behind her, walking up to Isolde and woke her up from her slumber. Luckily, she was fine.

"It was the witch! Your private student, I saw her enter, then before I could say anything she knocked me out with a spell. I'm sorry, Florence!" Isolde held her forehead in shock and Florence shook her head. "You're not at fault. I'll find out what happened here."

Florence silently laid down a sheet of scribbles on the floor and moved her palms upwards, turquoise glitter exiting her fingertips. Alora and Treasa watched her conjure a powerful spell, they could feel it in the air.

Their headmistress raised a brow and took her time with the spell, dropping her hands once she was done and sighing in thought.

"Excuse me, but what did you just conjure?" Treasa asked carefully and Florence turned back to them. "These notes are from Neoma. I did a tracking spell, it doesn't only come in handy when you want to track someone down but also to find out when was the last time a person was here – Treasa, you were right. Neoma wasn't here for at least the last five days. I only did a short tracking, but she wasn't here and I'm sure of that. Someone is after Neoma to ruin her reputation; did someone find out she will be studying in Alfea?"

"She's a fairy?" Alora blinked and looked at Treasa. "Yes...sorry, I couldn't tell you."

Florence nodded. "Keep it on the low until the new semester starts, please. We have to find out who did this. And don't worry about the mess, luckily, I'll be able to retrieve everything that was burned by a spell. Please close the door on your way out."

The two students nodded eagerly and thanked her. As told, they closed the door behind them and all the students flooded around them, asking questions which only resulted in wild shouting.

"Everyone shUT UP!" Treasa screamed and exhaled once all curious fairies were quiet. She pushed her hair back. "Once she'll know more, I bet she's gonna tell the whole school. Now shut your asses up and go back to your rooms." She stormed off and her friends did as well.