07. Mission

Sighing Alora shared last night's adventure with her friends via video call – or rather hologram call.

"That sounds like a romantic movie! You're definitely the protagonist in a movie, I can't believe it!" Cécilia shrieked and clapped her hands in joy as Alora started blushing. "I don't know how I deserved a guy like Jun...he's so perfect."

"Are you dating now? Since he acknowledged you two going on dates." Treasa pointed out with a raised finger and Alora shrugged with a sheepish smile on her lips, playing with her hair. "I don't know what it is...what we are right now. I haven't dated anyone yet; I've always been too busy growing up and then working day by day."

"I need to pee..." Minu muttered before leaving the little hologram vicinity and ran off. Treasa chuckled and looked at her phone, moving the hologram a little. "But you'll be staying over tomorrow, right? We're gonna be in a food coma after eating your amazing meal."

Alora nodded, smiling. She looked over to Lisa next to her, who responded with a sigh. "I wish I could join you...but there's so much to do."

Cécilia tilted her head with a pout. "We'll be in touch soon, little one. You're practically family to us now too."

The two of them checked the time and Alora breathed out loud. "Okay guys, it's getting late, we should all go to sleep. I can't wait to spend some time with you outside of class again. I just hope I don't come late again."

Everyone laughed and Treasa clicked her tongue. "You're like, a grind but you keep on coming late to class every morning!" Alora rolled her eyes over her own behavior. I hate coming late...but I can't help it either.

All of them bid goodbye and ended the call.

-

"Guys! You need to concentrate! What's so hard about that?!" a brunette, older lady yelled and walked through the rows of the classroom, observing her student's assignments. "Oh yes, very good...Try holding your wrists further apart – but distance them slowly...Excellent!"

A young woman's forehead collected a few sweat pearls as she just couldn't reach the potential that has been asked of her.

"Neoma? Take a break. You can look at Rachel's work in the meantime. She's the best in this class." The teacher spoke firmly, Neoma broke the small dark orb in front of her and panted quietly. I can't.

"Young witches," the Cloud Tower teacher walked towards the front desk, "the dark orb spell is pretty easy in theory but executing it – well it depends on you. Most of you are doing great." The old witch looked at Neoma and another student in the room. "To some it doesn't come naturally. For this spell we need an extreme amount of negative energy. Be it a recent sad event or trauma you're building up. And if you feel like you can't take energy out of these negativities – consume your anger over the task. Even that helps. Class dismissed."

All the students packed their things and went their way but the teaching witch stopped Neoma on her way out. "Dear, you had a few good classes at the start of this semester, but Christmas break is next week. You have been unprogressive for a full two months, what's going on?"

Neoma bit the inside of her cheeks. "I'm sorry, Miss Narcissa. I'm...in a wrong head space for all my negativity assignments."

Narcissa shook her head. "In no way I want you to not feel happiness in your life. But every time the task is to project your hurt into magic and pulling energy from your not so joyful parts of life you seem to not even try. What are you doing? What's going on?"

The young witch pursed her lips in thought. Every time I want to concentrate...you're on my mind. "I- I honestly don't know. The more we get into what makes a witch a witch I feel like I'm straying away from my path. I feel exhausted by the slightest dark magic I summon...Can I be honest?"