05. Feel Trip

A few weeks passed, a new day arose in Alfea and the girls packed their bags. The annually trip to one of the famous national parks was ahead of them – the first of five to come!

"Are you excited?" Treasa asked while Minu grabbed a cap from her closet, nodding. "I haven't been there in a long time, actually I've only been there once...with my parents."

Treasa closed her backpack and slung it over her shoulder. "Aw a family trip! Must've been really cool." Minu wiggled her hands, also closing the bag of hers. "Meh, it was boring. I was super young as well, like five."

The two of them exited their room and met Cécilia who already sat by the couch, waiting. "Took you long enough."

Treasa huffed angrily. "Says the one taking too long in the bathroom and cooking smelly things no one needs in this tiny kitchen we have."

"Where's Alora? She's taking longer and longer to arrive lately." Cécilia checked her phone, texting her, Treasa rolled her eyes. "Someone's obsessive."

Minu tugged on Treasa's backpack to stop her from running her mouth more. "Well, we should go and meet up with the rest of the class, maybe she will join us there." Treasa nodded and Cécilia sighed, getting up while taking two bags with her.

"Cécilia, you do know that there's no point in bringing more than drinks and a hat, right?" Treasa walked outside the suite, the others following. Cécilia smacked her lips, locking the suite when Minu was outside. "I have lots of different helpful things inside. We are going to the Ring National Park. If you are hurt by acidic waters don't come to me only because I care about what to do with burn wounds."

"God, whatever." Treasa rolled her eyes, walking down the stairs. The two others followed suit and soon they arrived at the classroom Professor Edith was awaiting everybody in.

"I see she's asking for everyone to sign in, I'll tell her to wait for Alora." Treasa looked around and Cécilia chuckled. "Don't worry, I'll do that!" and quickly made her way to the front.

"Minu, she's a pain in the ass." Treasa said nonchalantly yet grabbed tightly onto her backpack straps, Minu only patted her shoulder. "She's in our suite, we gotta get along."

The metal fairy felt anger boil in her voice. "Her childish behavior and obsession with Alora are draining. I have enough of that where I'm from." Just then Cécilia returned, grinning. "Professor Edith said we can wait for a little but not too long, we're missing three students anyway."

And so, the class waited a little until two other students arrived but still, no Alora in sight.

The professor was just about to conjure a teleportation spell when another portal started forming in the class' doorframe and a panting Alora jumped out. "I'm sorry, I'm sorry! Please don't leave yet!"

"That was quite close, dear. Write your name down and then we can finally start the excursion." Edith spoke softly and lowered her hand.

Alora smiled shyly when she was done and got in line with the other fairies.

"Okay, again - I will open the portal and you walk through it and just keep going until I go through it at the end. I then will close it." Edith gave the instruction and the students agreed in unison.

Soon a big white warp hole opened in front of the students and they did as they were told.

The students all went through the portal like little ducklings and when everyone was on the other side Edith closed the gateway. She waited for all the students to calm down before speaking up. "You're all probably wondering why I'm here and not my father, Palladium! Well, from today on I'm doing the field trips alongside him, most probably every year with you guys! As you know I'm your magic and fairy biology teacher so we will connect these trips to learning about biological life and how it lies in every corner of the magical dimension! Your task today is to listen to the voice of your surroundings and what the nature has to tell you about a special thing I've hidden in the national park!"