One

Tw//Abuse

Flashback
"Mom please! Please! Stop" Nini begged. She was on the floor scooting away from her mother as far as she could until her back hit the wall

"Why can't you do anything right Nina! I ask you to do something simple and you always find some type of way to mess it up."

"I'll try to fix it. Just please don't hit me again" Nini was in full on tears begging her mother not to lay hands on her again. It seemed to her like it was everyday she was doing something wrong.

"You should've done it right the first time Nina! There aren't always second chances in life!" Her mother said smacking her across the face. Causing a stinging sensation on Nini's cheek.

Nini felt helpless, like there was no one there for her. You'd think that after 15 years of living with her mom she'd be used to it but each hit hurt more than the last.

Her mom looked around to find something that could possibly hurt Nini more than her hand. Alcohol had filled her body as usual and she wasn't in the right state of mind.

She couldn't find anything so she decided to pick Nini up throwing her right back on the floor.

Nini closed her eyes taking the beating her mom was giving her not having the energy to fight anymore. No matter what she said, her mom just continued to it her, sometimes even worse.

Her mom hovered over her hitting her left and right feeling no remorse. The alcohol had taken over her body. This wasn't her.

After she got tired enough she went to her room closing and locking her door. Everytime she hit Nini and the fact that she actually hit her daughter set in she'd drink even more to hide the guilt.

Nini sat there crying to herself hoping her mother couldn't hear her sobs. She didn't know why she had to deal with this. Why she didn't have parents who gave her love and affection.

Her mother left her with bruises all over her body and face that would eventually turn to scars. Her face would eventually heal and go back to normal but not her body.

Her body was filled with scars that's she tried her hardest to get rid of. It only reminded her of all the times her mother hurt her. All the times she's cried for help yet no one was there.

One day her mother went too far. Her neighbours heard everything going on. They called the police and the police put their case in the hands of Child protective services.

Nini was taken away from her mom and her neighbours were nice enough to take her in and adopt her.

By the time Nini got into their care, they had a room all ready for her filled with clothes, a made bed, and several items or decor.

Nini appreciated everything they had set up for her because she could barely look at her old clothes. Everytime she looked at them she'd get some sort of flashback of what her mom did to her.

"Nini honey, we filled your drawers with clothes already but we weren't sure what your style is exactly. Would you like to go to the store to look for more?" Lisa, Nini's adoptive mother asked

Nini looked through the clothes they already had for her and there were barely any long sleeve shirts. The shirts they had would show off each and every scar that she had and she found it embarrassing.

Nini nodded her head with a slight smile, and Lisa smiled back in return

"Okay we'll leave in 15 minutes, start getting ready"

Nini took that time to start looking around her new room. Sliding her hand against the furniture, feeling how comfortable the mattress is, taking in the beauty of her decor.

Everything she had here was nicer than anything she had at her old house. She definitely wasn't used to this treatment and felt welcomed.

Her room at her old house barely had any decor or furniture but it wasn't always like that. Her room used to be her favorite place in the entire world, but when her mother would get mad at her she'd start to break things in her room.

Whether those things were decor, furniture, or super sentimental items she just didn't care. Considering how that turned out Nini tried her best not to get too attached to anything here.

"Alright, you ready to go?" Lisa said to Nini and Nini nodded heading out her room.

"So Nini, what do you like to do, what are your interests?" Lisa asked Nini trying to make conversation and get to know Nini, but Nini wasn't really the talking type unless she's super comfortable with you, and in this case. She wasn't yet.

"Nothing really" she said shortly and quietly. Her mother didn't really let her participate in after school so she hadn't figured out any of her interests yet.

She knew that she loved to write. She wrote a little of everything. Songs, stories, poems. It was how she let go of a lot of the emotions she held in most of the time.

Nini walked around the store picking up only long sleeve shirts, crew necks and hoodies that caught her interest. She picked up a few pairs of sweatpants and long jeans before meeting Lisa back at the register

"It's about to get hot outside, you don't want to get any shorts, or tank tops? You're gonna be really hot in all those items" Lisa asked concerned and Nini shook her head

Her mood slightly went down thinking about the fact that she can't wear the clothing items that normal people wear because of those scars that her mother left her.

Everything she was dealing with now was because of her mother and she probably didn't care that she was gone.

"Okay" Lisa slightly smiled handing the cashier her credit card.

A/N
Omg I everybody! Welcome to my new story Scars of Insecurity! I got this idea and thought it'd make a great story and got super excited so here we are! I really really hope you guys enjoy and come on this journey with me!