My Path

A few days had passed since Soobin and Huening Kai confessed to each other, and since then their days had become a little more... Intense. During the afternoon, when they barely met, both would avoid lord Taehyun and every question related to one another as much as they could, and then, during the night, they would glue to each other like gums.

 Every now and then, when they met during the morning or afternoon, both would escape their tasks and hide in the most remote and empty places of the Black Fortress, and then finally be able to fulfill the need they had of each other, sharing sweet kisses and staying embraced for long minutes in a comfortable silence. In fact, it was pretty complicated to stay hidden from the rest of the workers and residents of the castle, but they would always find a way.

 They just didn't have to say anything to show how much they loved each other.

 When, in some situation, they happen to meet each other somewhere with a few more people, like in the training camp or an indoor hall, they would try their best to hide how much they needed to touch one another. Exchanges of looks would occur often and discretely, Soobin would find some excuse to go talk to Huening Kai as many times as possible, and Huening Kai would find any excuse to take Soobin somewhere more private even for a few minutes.

 As the days went by, they felt even more the need to be together.

 On the other hand, the relationship between Soobin and Beomgyu has cooled down drastically. It wasn't as if they hated each other, however both of them were pretty sure that there was no way for them to work out as a couple, they knew it without exchanging a single word between them.

 To cover up, sometimes Soobin would ask Beomgyu out on dates, usually doing it right in front of Taehyun, just to show his efforts and worries about the future of the kingdom. As for Beomgyu, it didn't take long until he noticed the real reason why Soobin would ask him out so randomly. Most of the time they would be stuck in an uncomfortable silence, and almost every time Soobin would find an excuse to run away from the date to meet Huening Kai.

 Beomgyu never cared much about this, pretty much the opposite, actually. The prince would take advantage of Soobin's disappearance to enjoy the moment with none other than sir Yeonjun, who was always around. And even though the knight always replied rudely and acted in a grumpy way, he would never leave Beomgyu's side, and would always listen to every single word he had to say.

 In some way, all of them seemed to be happier like this.

 ...

 Huening Kai watered the flowers of the most distant parts of the upper garden, place of which almost no one would go to because there was nothing interesting at all, only giant living fences and relatively beautyless flowers, even so, Huening Kai liked there, mostly because that place was perfect for him to meet the love of his life without worrying about getting caught.

 Not too long after, he heard quick steps coming towards him, being exactly the person he'd been waiting for. His prince and lover, Soobin. But soon Huening Kai noticed the fancy and unusual clothes he was wearing, and that could only mean one thing.

 "Please tell me you weren't at some important reunion." Huening Kai whined, apprehensive.

 "Ah, don't worry, it was just a dinner with the royalty." Said Soobin calmly and with a stunning smile.

 "For the love of the gods, Soobin, this is exactly what I'm talking about." The servant placed his hand on the forehead out of worry. "Quick, get back there before they realize that you're gone."

 "Aaah but I don't want to go. I want to stay here with you."

 "You may be missing some important conversation..."