My Happiness

The moon brightened the sky with its might and purity. Most of the servants already went home, others stayed in their rooms inside the castle itself. The silence was taking over the entire place. Soobin was bringing Beomgyu back to the Fortress, with the shorter still linking arms with the taller. Both were clearly tired, however none of them showed it since Soobin was a trained fighter who almost never showed any kind of exhaustion, and Beomgyu was an educated prince who was raised to show only grace and beauty.

 Inside the main hall, Yeonjun waited with his arms crossed, leaning his shoulder on one of the tens of columns of that place. That time, he wasn't wearing his armor, but his usual day-to-day clothing. The only thing that hasn't changed was the belt with the sheathe attached to it.

 Beomgyu turned to Soobin, releasing their arms.

 "Thank you for this evening, your grace. I had a lot of fun." The shorter smiled while thanked, but clearly the last thing he was feeling was happiness.

 It was something that Soobin could understand very well.

 "It was an honor to spend the evening with you, Prince Beomgyu." Soobin smiled, showing his dimples. And his smile was the same as Beomgyu's.

 It was something that Beomgyu could understand very well.

 Beomgyu calmly moved away from Soobin, heading to where Yeonjun was.

 "Did you have fun without me, sir Yeonjun?" Beomgyu asked, slightly tilting his head to the side.

 "It was the best day of my life." Yeonjun stated, mockingly smiling.

 "I'm happy for you." Having said that, he headed to the hallway.

 Yeonjun squinted his eyes, following Beomgyu with only his gaze. He was a bit different... For the very little that he knew that prince, it wasn't hard to tell that that wasn't his usual personality.

 He seemed too sad.

 The knight rolled his eyes and sighed deeply, following the boy.

 Soobin, on the other hand, waited until the other two were out of his sight, just to close his eyes and sigh. This date wasn't as bad as he thought it would be. In the end, he managed to know Beomgyu a little bit better and know that both of them had things in common... Unfortunately, these things in common were just... Sadness and suffering.

 Since the beginning he already knew... But with this date, Soobin was sure.

 There was no way for him to be happy with Beomgyu.

 Beomgyu made himself clear that he also wasn't as interested as he seemed to be.

 If two people who don't love each other get married... How will they make things right between them?

 And when one of them already loves somebody else... How will they achieve their happiness?

 ...

 Beomgyu stayed in silence all the way to his chambers, something which Yeonjun thought very strange... After all, that little prince used to talk a lot about anything. It was very likely that he would talk about the date...

 ...If the date had been good.

 He was too quiet...

 Yeonjun would rather ignore it, since Beomgyu's emotional state had nothing to do with him.

 However... Why in the bloody hell Yeonjun just couldn't ignore? Beomgyu was too different, clearly saddened. He was smiling like always, but it wasn't hard to tell that it was a fake smile... Plasticized. Where was the cursing? The catchphrases? The spoiled-kid attitudes?