My Kingdom

Huening Kai and Yeonjun were outside Beomgyu's bedroom door, listening carefully to the three people talking inside.

 Taehyun called both princes for a conversation that could not be postponed, and it was clear the nervousness of those two before the counselor.

 "Well then, I need you to pay close attention to what I will say." Beomgyu and Soobin gulped. "As we've already decided, you both can be with whoever you want, love whoever you want and so on. However, you still need to always stay together, preferably close to each other, at any and all royal events, royal parties or gatherings. And Prince Soobin, you shall no longer flee from these events to meet Huening Kai. You think that no one notices but the moment you do, everyone deduces that you went to find that servant."

 Soobin rolled his eyes, while Huening Kai, listening on the other side of the door, covered his face with both hands in embarrassment.

 "So we'll always have to stay together..." Beomgyu began. "Do we need to act like a couple?"

 "Not necessarily. Just act like you always did. Polite and gracious."

 Yeonjun had to cover his mouth to not laugh and attract the attention of those inside the room. Beomgyu and Soobin being polite and gracious? Humor and jokes.

 "It's fine by me. Royal events are not that frequent." Beomgyu stated.

 "Yeah, I don't think there's a problem with that." Soobin commented.

 "As you already know, the wedding will be in two weeks, you will need to pay attention to the preparations and to the guests. It will be a very big event that will bring together the most important families from two entire kingdoms, and the whole city will celebrate as well."

 "Oh, will my family come, Lord Taehyun?" Beomgyu asked with hopeful eyes.

 "Affirmative. This morning a crow arrived with the message that the Eymors will be here in the North three days before the wedding."

 "Wow... This sure is surprising." The prince bit the tip of his thumb in order to ease the nervousness. He never imagined that his family would actually come, nor that they would give any news. Of course, it was to be expected that the betrothed's family would be present, since it's traditional for a father to take the groom or the bride to the altar, but Beomgyu was already prepared to take any bad excuses from his family that they wouldn't be able to attend to the marriage. Are they finally considering him a real person?

 "There is something even more important that we need to discuss, and we need to resolve this as soon as possible." Taehyun commented, this time with a relatively more serious tone than before.

 "Should we worry that much, Lord Taehyun?" Soobin arched an eyebrow. From the counselor's expression, the subject seemed to be quite significant.

 "I'm afraid so..." Taehyun sat in a chair in front of the princes.

 "What is it, Lord Taehyun?" Beomgyu asked.

 "Well... It's about... The heir."

 Soobin and Beomgyu remained silent, still processing the information, while Yeonjun and Huening Kai looked at each other, confused.

 "What are you talking about, Lord Taehyun?" Soobin asked.

 "Well... Your marriage will symbolize in law and before the gods the union of the two kingdoms, however, what will consolidate this union permanently will be the child you will need to have. They will be the heir of this unified kingdom."

 Everyone widened their eyes, perplexed. Yeonjun and Huening Kai frowned, basically bewildered by this information. Beomgyu and Soobin really need to have a child?