My Pain

Huening Kai breathed deeply as soon as he finished the last verse. When he looked at Soobin, he was already asleep. The servant got up silently, fixed the blanket, closed the curtains and started to blow out the candles. But when he was about to blow out the candle of the prince's nightstand, Huening Kai focused on Soobin... And felt chained to that beauty.

 For a moment, Huening Kai considered walking off the room and leave Soobin rest peacefully, however, it was hard to stop looking at that so radiant beauty his prince had.

 Kai slowly sat on the bed, trying his best not to wake up Soobin, and stood looking at him.

 Although Soobin's countenance expressed a blessed serenity, it also expressed an anguish too  hard to understand. He was sleeping calmly... But he was in pain. His half-opened mouth now and then was closed with a painful bite on the lower lip. His gently closed eyes frowned as if he was having the worst nightmare possible.

 Huening Kai knew Soobin was suffering. His day-to-day was being so complicated that neither in his dreams he could run away from his problems.

 Huening Kai's heart was confused. Divided. It was as if there were two reasons that were making his heart tighten in an agonizing way.

 Kai was suffering... Because Soobin was suffering, and he couldn't do anything to help him, not in his dreams.

 And Kai was also suffering... Because his heart belonged to someone that could never be his.

 No matter what he could do... Kai would suffer.

 But which reason hurt the most?

 Huening Kai calmly approached his hand to Soobin's face, in order to touch him... But before his fingers could reach the prince's complexion, he stopped.

 Kai had no right to touch the prince... He never had. Especially while he slept.

 The servant then moved his hand away from Soobin, continuing to observe him with a deep bitterness in his eyes that he felt as if he was about to cry. These feelings lacerated his heart... But he needed to bear it.

 After a few minutes filling his mind with cruel thoughts, Kai blew out the last candle, enwrapping himself in that darkness illuminated just by the moonlight that invaded the room by the curtain slits. He looked at Soobin one last time, just to look away with a deep melancholy, ready to get up and get away from there.

 However... Before he could get up, he felt his hand being held.

 Kai widened his eyes, quickly turning to look Soobin one more time. He was still with his eyes closed, but he held his hand tightly.

 Again, Huening Kai felt that so captivating warmth of Soobin's touch... But even though that heated up his heart... That was only making it hurt more and more.

 Why Soobin had to be so beautiful? Why Soobin had to be so caring? So gentle... Attentive... So complete? Why Soobin had to be so perfect? And why Kai had to be... So little...

 Soobin started to moan in discomfort. He shook his head and tightened his eyes badly. Kai felt his hand being squeezed, until Soobin abruptly wake up lifting his chest from the bed, gasping concerned. The servant got scared with the prince waking up that way, but soon he got himself together.

 "Shh... Easy... Everything is okay... " Huening Kai tried to calm Soobin down. The prince was still breathing heavily, looking at his own hands. Then he looked at his servant.

 "Huening... Kai... "

 "It was just a nightmare... Everything is okay now. "

 "This... This is not a dream? "