My Wedding

The bells were ringing and the whole city was celebrating. That afternoon, in the Temple of the Nine Gods in the middle of the Northern city, the union of two powerful houses that held entire regions would take place.

 Many soldiers and servants were dismissed that day, not only to enjoy more time with their families, but also to celebrate as citizens. That would be the day that would change history, that would redefine cultures and that everyone would remember.

 All the streets were partying, the mercantile areas were full, families and visitors were enjoying promotions, every part of the city was decorated with white and red flowers in celebration of the wedding of Soobin, a prince loved by all, to Beomgyu, proclaimed as the most beautiful of all kingdoms. A city thriving in absolute joy.

 Inside the black fortress, Soobin stood in his room in front of the mirror. He wore black robes with red ornaments, created specifically for the occasion. Huening Kai was right next to him, arranging some details on the outfit and putting on some jewelry that was always used as a tradition at royal weddings.

 Soobin looked at Huening Kai, aware of all his expressions. Since the night they talked, they hadn't bothered to show acts of affection anywhere at any time, which ended with a few arguments on the part of Beomgyu's parents and siblings, but nothing too alarming. The wedding was going to happen after all. Besides, Huening Kai didn't care what they said about them, since what really mattered was the time he had left with Soobin.

 Every moment mattered.

 "Hey, baby..." Soobin called as Huening Kai adjusted his collar.

 "Yes?"

 "Are you sure you want to go to the wedding? I mean... Aren't you going to feel uncomfortable?" Soobin was concerned, of course, after all, he would be kissing someone else, someone other than Huening Kai.

 "Today is an important day, Soobinnie. I have to be there... But I won't lie... I don't want to see you kiss Prince Beomgyu, however, it's bound to happen. You know, he knows, I know, we all know." Huening Kai kept a simple smile on his lips, but he didn't hide the sadness in his eyes.

 "Even though it's impossible to cancel, I still don't want to make you uncomfortable. You are the most precious person to me, I want your good above all." Soobin held Huening Kai's face.

 "My sweetheart..." Huening Kai took his hands in Soobin's. "I will be fine. I am aware that you will be even more uncomfortable than me in that situation."

 Huening Kai was really mature for his age, Soobin thought, even more so than himself. If their places were reversed, Soobin would probably already be destroying everything around him just by the thought of Huening Kai being forced to kiss someone else.

 Without thinking about anything else, both took the initiative to kiss with passion. They wanted to stay that way forever, their bodies connected through their lips, with heat enveloping them in that desire. Even unconsciously, Huening Kai deepened the kiss, pushing Soobin to sit in one of the chairs in the room, involving them even more in the moment.

 Deep down, Huening Kai was jealous. He didn't really want Soobin to kiss Beomgyu. He was angry. But not with Soobin or Beomgyu, but with himself. He couldn't do anything about it. He couldn't stop them from getting married.

 Huening Kai had already accepted that, in conversations in front of the mirror or lonely thoughts in the shower, he had already accepted Soobin marrying someone else. However, he couldn't deny himself. His body spoke louder. His subconscious tortured him. He wanted Soobin just for himself.