My Apology

Huening Kai gently dipped his slender fingers into the hot water of Soobin's wooden bathtub. He had taken the liberty of preparing his prince's bath beforehand, knowing that he always liked to take a relaxing bath after spending all day training.

 It was already getting dark, Soobin would arrive soon enough and Huening Kai needed to hurry to light more candles to lighten the room. However, before he could get up, he felt large arms wrap around him in a warm embrace. At first, the servant jumped a little scared, but soon calmed down when he heard the soothing voice of the person behind him.

 "Hi, my little angel." Soobin buried his face in the curve of Huening Kai's neck as he whispered those words. He was tired and that was easily noticeable.

 "Hi, my big bunny." Huening Kai joked. A few days ago they started playing around, giving each other nicknames, ending up with both exaggerating the amount of affection, but it's not like they were complaining about it. "Your bath is almost done."

 "Um...you know, I was thinking about showering in the hot springs today."

 "What? But I brought the hot water from there to here." The servant finally broke free of the older's embrace, looking at him.

 "I know baby, I'm sorry about that..." Soobin held up his hands hesitantly as he chuckled awkwardly. "But it's for a good reason."

 "Good reason? And what would it be?" Huening Kai pouted, crossing his arms.

 "Well, today I was wondering if you would like to join me in a relaxing bath in the hot springs..." Soobin smiled without showing his teeth, making his dimples pretty visible.

 Huening Kai blinked rapidly, not moving a muscle.

 "Excuse me?!" Huening Kai blushed intensely, completely surprised in disbelief.

 "Please, don't freak out." Soobin held his servant's shoulder gently, letting out a laugh.

 "Soobin... That's... I don't know, it's..." Huening Kai clearly didn't know what to say, hiding his face behind his hands to avoid eye contact.

 "Taking a shower with me... makes you uncomfortable, Hueningie?" Soobin's voice deepened, in a serious tone. When Huening Kai looked at his prince, he looked clearly worried and wary. The last thing Soobin wanted was to make his precious Huening Kai uncomfortable or disrespect him in any way. "If so, you don't have to. I'm serious."

 Huening Kai quickly grabbed Soobin's face, moving closer to him.

 "No! It's not that..." Huening Kai swallowed, still blushing. "I... I wouldn't mind taking a bath with you at the hot springs at all... There's no way you could make me feel uncomfortable, Soobinnie..." He looked away, smiling shyly, not letting go of his prince's face. "I just think it's too risky... The hot springs is a place a lot of people go..."

 "At these times, usually no one goes there." Soobin calmly took Kai's hands, smiling somewhat relieved, knowing that he wasn't being disrespectful to his lover. "Don't worry, baby... No one's going to catch us." He whispered with conviction.

 "Hmm..." Huening Kai looked down, still a little worried.

 "We don't need to shower there if you don't want to..." Soobin caressed Huening Kai's wavy hair gently.

 "No... It's okay. It's actually pretty late for anyone to go there anyway..." Huening Kai finally nodded, smiling at Soobin.

 The prince quickly swung his arms in joy, then pulled his servant into another warm hug. The boy kept rubbing Soobin's stomach as he laughed at his euphoria.