My Choice

Huening Kai took a deep breath as soon as he sang the last verse. His eyes were closed and he was slightly panting. When he opened his eyes, he noticed that the prince was carefully observing him, still sitting on the bed, with his hand on the chin. That time, his smile was very perceptible.

 Kai quickly straightened his shoulders and asked whispering: "Did... Did your grace appreciated my singing? "

 "Much more than I expected. " Soobin kept smiling. "You voice is incredible. "

 Kai bit his lips, smiling right after. No one other than his family had ever praised his voice... And something like that coming from the prince himself... That was really cool.

 "Thank you... Your grace. "

 "Would you sing for me once more... Until I sleep? " Soobin asked. His deep voice and adorable smile made Huening Kai blush again, but he couldn't show that.

 "Would be a pleasure. "

 Soobin laid on his bed and Huening Kai blew out the candles, leaving only one burning on the nightstand. "You can sit on the bed. " Kai didn't expect that, but the prince said, so even if it didn't look like an order, he couldn't refuse.

 Calmly Kai sat on the bed, looking at Soobin. He took another deep breath and started to sing. Maybe the second time wouldn't be so good, the younger thought. However, the prince was thinking exactly the opposite. It was as if his voice had become even more beautiful. As if angels were entering his room at that very moment.

 How could he sing so well?

 While he softy moved his blood-red lips speaking every word with excellence, the orange light of the candle lightened his slightly tanned complexion and the bluish full-moonlight brightened his wavy hair.

 Soobin felt as if an angel was really visiting him.

 His ears delighted that melody and that beauty hypnotized his eyes. Soobin couldn't stop looking at Huening Kai.

 At the end of the song, Kai slowly opened his eyes. The prince was still looking at him, but this time... For some reason, the younger didn't look away. Both kept looking at each other for minutes, don't feeling any displeasure. As if none of them wanted to stop staring.

 Kai gulped and then asked:

 "Your grace is still awake... Should I sing once more until you fall asleep? "

 Soobin gently reached his servant's hand, and without looking away, he said:

 "I don't think I'm going to sleep... I don't think I want to sleep... "

 Kai got surprised, but quickly a beautiful smile took his lips, and Soobin did the same.

 Why to sleep in the presence of an angel?

 ...

 The next night, Huening Kai walked inside the prince's room, a little bit earlier than the usual. He carried a few buckets with hot water. The servant in charge of preparing the prince's baths got sick, so, the housekeeper ordered Kai to do her task. Soobin liked to bath in the natural saunas of the kingdom, but those days of the week, he would prefer bathing in his own room.

 Last night was really strange. The prince had never noticed him before and suddenly he asked Kai to sing for him. They talked for a while about some songs they both knew, and Kai found out that the prince Soobin himself knew how to sing. His voice was incredible. Huening Kai would ask Soobin to sing a little more but... He was too afraid to do so.