My Sword (FINAL)

Taehyun had to hurry. He needed to tell Soobin and Yeonjun what was going on. His steps were slow because his body burned with a stinging pain from the supposed broken rib. His mouth was bleeding to the point of tracing a path of red remnants where he passed.

 When he reached the foot of the wall, he ran to the nearest guard, calling to him.

 "By the gods, Lord Taehyun, what happened?" The soldier asked, holding the counselor worriedly, while other soldiers and some surrounding citizens approached to see what was happening.

 "Warn Prince Soobin and Sir Yeonjun, there are enemies approaching." Taehyun uttered tiredly.

 "What... what are you talking about?" The soldier looked around but couldn't see anything.

 "It's the demons of the mountain... Warn them."

 "Lord Taehyun, you're bleeding, let me take you to the healers..." The counselor slapped the soldier's hand.

 "Go now, that's an order!" He screamed. The soldier looked at him bitterly, still worried, but soon ordered another soldier to take care of him as he ran to warn his general and the prince. Taehyun almost fainted at the exact moment.

 Damn those demons...

 ...

 "What are you doing Soobin?" Huening Kai muttered as Soobin slapped his butt constantly, looking nonchalantly at the dancing crowd in front of him.

 "Nothing much." Soobin looked at the servant, smiling purposefully naive. Huening Kai moved closer to Soobin, so that the rest of the people wouldn't notice where the prince's hand was.

 "People are watching, stop it..." Huening Kai blushed violently, futilely trying to remove Soobin's hand from his butt.

 "Stop being so annoying and drink more wine, wretch." Beomgyu ordered, handing the third glass of wine to Yeonjun.

 "Do you think I'm an idiot? I know you want to get me drunk." Yeonjun grunted, putting the cup back on the table.

 "Nonsense, I don't want to get you drunk, I just want you to drink wine until you drop so I can paint your face with jester makeup."

 "That's exactly what I'm talking..." Before Yeonjun could finish, a soldier appeared running, stopping in front of the table where they were.

 "Sir Yeonjun." The soldier was panting, he had pushed too many royals to get there, and his gaze was clearly uneasy. Something definitely didn't feel right.

 "What happened, soldier?" Yeonjun asked. Everyone from that table and the table next to it, where the kings Seok-Jum and Kwan-Dae, Queen Jaehwa, Councilor Changmin and the twins Kyungmi and Seungho were, quickly paying attention to the soldier.

 "There are enemies approaching."

 "What?" Soobin rose from the table immediately.

 "Elaborate." Yeonjun approached the soldier, his face brimming with seriousness.

 "The demons of the mountain, that's what he said. They are here." The soldier uttered, making everyone's eyes widen. "Lord Taehyun was hurt, but he insisted I let you know as soon as possible."

 "Demons of the mountain? Here? In the capital?" Soobin intervened in disbelief, while Yeonjun remained thoughtful.

 That couldn't be a lie, after all... It made sense... That day was going as a day of festivities in which there were few guards and sentries, therefore few soldiers prepared for conflict. Not to mention that at night they would hardly be noticed if they were digging the earth.