My Distrust

Soobin and Yeonjun were both at the training ground, training together. While the other trainees used wooden swords, the prince and the knight used real swords, not only because they had been training since they were children, but also because they were the best.

 It had been a while since Yeonjun came to the field to train, considering that he spent most of his time with Prince Beomgyu, just making time to train early in the morning or on his breaks. However, that day, Beomgyu would have to choose his wedding dress, getting help from both Taehyun and Huening Kai, keeping that in mind, for some reason Beomgyu didn't want Yeonjun to see him choosing the outfit, and despite his complaints, there wasn't much to do but just obey. And Soobin obviously couldn't be there either since he's the groom. They probably wouldn't see each other all day.

 Despite that being just a training, the two were fighting fiercely, something they had agreed to years ago. The training would be with the intention of killing, ending only when one managed to disarm the other. However, Soobin wanted to take advantage of that moment with his friend to finally quench his doubts.

 "Tell me, Yeonjun, have you stopped being so dense?" Soobin uttered without any context as their swords crossed, leaving them both inches apart.

 "What do you mean?" Yeonjun asked, forcing his arms to push the prince away.

 "Prince Beomgyu. I know you guys are crazy for one another." Soobin came out of the attack position, looking at Yeonjun as he chuckled. "I want to know if you've stopped being so dense and already confessed."

 "Oh you speak as if you confessed yourself to Hueningkai the first day you realized you were in love." Yeonjun laughed ironically, also coming out of the attack position, straightening his body.

 "Well, I didn't take as long as you." Soobin pointed his sword at Yeonjun.

 "Shut up. I bet it was Hueningkai who even took the initiative." Yeonjun planted his sword in the ground, resting his palm on the pommel. "And for your information, 'confessing' is a little too strong to describe.

 "Oh, so you'd rather 'kissed him'?"

 "Ugh, why in the nine hells do you want to know?"

 "I'm curious, that's all. When we were kids you said you would never fall in love with anyone because 'the duty of the sword is above all'." Soobin was smiling, teasing his friend.

 "When we were kids you wanted to marry me, I don't think you should use our childhood as a comparison." Yeonjun smirked.

 "Tell me at once, did you kiss Prince Beomgyu or not?" Soobin asked impatiently, dropping his sword to the ground. Yeonjun just rolled his eyes and sighed.

 "Yes, we kissed." The knight looked at Soobin. "And I wasn't being dense. I was just... oh I don't know."

 "When was that?"

 "A couple days ago."

 "Hah! And then he says it wasn't being dense." Soobin chuckled inwardly thinking about how long it took for them to confess to one another. "I wonder how your relationship is going from that moment on. Are you still cursing each other whenever you're together?"

 "We didn't change our relationship. He is still my prince that I must protect." Yeonjun sighed. "The only difference now is that I can kiss him..." That last part was whispered, which caught Soobin's attention.

 "So you're telling me you guys kept cursing each other, calling each other 'wretch', but now you're going to kiss after it?"

 "I never said that!" Yeonjun frowned, only to pout right after. "But... You could say that... More or less." He shrugged.