Ten: LE

Lily POV:

"Oh I-"

"This is stupid." James shrugged off Sirius grip, and crossed his arms like a petulant child.

"This is necessary." Sirius said clasping him in the shoulder. "You just need to admit you've lost your mojo."

"I don't need your help asking girls out that's for sure." James grunted shrugging his hand off.

"Do you need me here, because I have work..." I said, and Sirius looked to me grinning.

"Yes! Evans, question." He said steeping closer to me.

"You arse." James muttered.

"Well, more James has a question." He smiled. "James?" He practically pushed James next to me.

"This is so awkward, will you guys go away?" James said.

"Only if you promise you will ask." Marlene crossed her arms.

"Fine!" James rolled his eyes. "Now go!"

They all marched off, Sirius seeming awfully smug.

"Sorry, you can go in peace now." He laughed.

"No," I smiled slightly. "They're right. We should talk."

"Astronomy tower?" He proposed and I nodded, and we began the walk to the tower.

"So is Sirius always so involved in your life?" I asked.

"He's my brother, so naturally." He shrugged.

"I thought Regulus-"

"They're not really his family. But I don't like telling stories that aren't mine." He insisted.

"That's very noble of you." I nodded, as we reached the ladder to the tower, and he climbed up first.

We sat down facing the lake, and James cleared his throat.

"So, what made them send you to me?" I asked folding my hands in my lap.

"Oh, nothing" he shrugged. "You don't have to stay here I mean,"

"In case you've forgotten, I think we should talk too." I smiled.

"Oh alright." He smiled sheepishly. "I don't know what to say."

"Speak in hypotheticals." I suggested. "Like it's a story you're writing."

He cleared his throat before messing up his hair and looking at me.

"So hypothetically, if I were to say I liked you, you would say," he prompted.

"How sweet." I teased him and he rolled his eyes. "But if we're speaking hypothetically,"

"Totally imaginative." He nodded.

"Well, then, if probably reciprocate the feeling." I shrugged. "Possibly through physical action."

"What kind of physical action would that be, Evans?" He said bumping me with his elbow.

"I don't get that detailed in hypotheticals." I smiled. "You and Black paint me out to be some pure human flower, it's always such a shock when I tell you I've lived my life."

"To be fair, you are named after a flower." He shrugged.

"Touché." I laughed.

"But back to the hypothetical scenario." He said.

"Yes yes of course." I laughed. "So hypothetically, if we both liked each other, what would we do about it?"

"Nothing I assume." James shrugged.