Sixteen JP:

James POV:

I turned off the shower tap, ruffling my hair with a towel, before drying off a wrapping it around my waist, leaving my bathroom, gazing out at the snow covered ground.

I tend to take showers at random times when I'm consumed by so doing barreling towards me that's unexpected. Maybe it's the constant flow of something hitting me in the face. Like a refreshing slap.

Lily got here about a week ago, and Christmas is in 5 days.

And I have nothing to give her.

Knowing Lily, she'll have something fabulous lined up, always prepared with the most wonderful surprises. Even when she claimed to hate me, she managed to give me a wonderfully kind gift, that she had seeming only put no though into. 

I had written Padfoot several times, and Moony but I didn't have much faith he would reply. Lily hasn't brought up Prongs since, I mildly think she's afraid to. I'm between sticking by my best friend and breaking up with the girl I had waited for forever, or vice versa.

Really, Moony is just scared Lily will tell someone, and if he wasn't so convinced everyone hated him for minor inconveniences, he would see that Lily would never do that.

I wrote Peter, but his response was too mushy and romantic. And I didn't think we were far enough in our relationship to do some of the other things he suggested.

Dinner would be in about 30 minutes, Mum excited to have another person to cook for besides dad who will eat anything, and me who eats at random times.

"James?" I heard Lily's soft voice as she knocked on my door.

"Coming!" I called and walked to the door peeking my head out, of the door.

"Hey!" She smiled before looking  at me confused. "Are you naked?"

"No." I lied. "I have a towel on."

"Okay, I'll come back later. Your mum just wanted me to tel you dinner was ready." She smiled slightly with a laugh as I shut the door blushing.

I quickly threw on a pair of flannel sweatpants, and my dad's old Puddlemore United shirt from one of their matches a year ago.

I quickly made my way down the stairs, running my fingers through my slightly damp hair.

"Where have you been all day?" Mum asked ruffling my hair, as she handed me a plate. "You don't come home on holiday just to hide in your room all day."

"You're right I'm sorry." I smiled. "I promise to be less of a turtle tomorrow."

"I was talking to your mum earlier," Lily said sitting down and began scooping mashed potatoes onto her plate. "She sad you've never heard of Robin Hood?"

"Robin what?" I asked putting some carrots into my plate.

"Oh my merlin." Mum sighted. "And to think my son wasn't completely oblivious of the muggle world around him."

"Sorry whats Robe Hood?" I asked again grabbing a piece of fish.

"Robin Hood." Lily laughed, and turned towards Mum. "Is it okay if James and I watch it after dinner?"

"Oh absolutely!" She grinned. "Flea and I have got some work business to attended to at the office after dinner. Emergency Aurors hours and such."

"You know dad would throw a fit if he heard you call him Flea." I laughed.

"Well luckily he's half deaf." She laughed. "But absolutely. We bought this house from some muggles, so there's a Television somewhere down here, and I can conjure the tape before we leave."  Mum replied to acing her wand, and handing Lily the tape.

"Thank you." Lily smiled politely. "Do you know when you'll be back?"

"Never know. Sometimes it's hours, sometimes it's a day. Always depends on what happens. But we'll send a message ahead before we get home. We best be getting on our way then." She smiled placing a small cake on the table. "Just send an owl if you need anything, and see you two in a bit! MONTY!" She screamed leaving the kitchen. 

We sat there in duel eve eating for a bit, Lily reading the back cover of the tape.

"How did you find something to read on a movie?" I laughed and she set down the tape and looked at me smiling.

"It's a talent." She said handing it to me. "I'll think you'll like the movie. I can't believe you've never seen a Disney movie."

"What's Disney?" I asked confused. "That's a strange word."

"Oh my-" she laughed. "I have much to show you. Come on." She stood up grabbing my hand.

"But I'm not done!" I whined as she tried to pull me out of my seat.

"Then bring it with you! And grab the tape." She instructed, and I laughed grabbing my plate and the tape.

"Do you know where the television is?" I asked.

"No, but I'm betting it's down here." She replied heading down a dark hallway, and swinging open the doors, to reveal a massive television screen and two rows of seats, a large couch in front of them. "Ah-ha!" She exclaimed.

"Wow." I replied. "That's a massive television."

"It's a home cinema." She replied walking over to a small machine and blowing the dust off the top of it, before taking the tape out of its package. "I've only seen pictures of them, mostly in America. But I should've expected you would have one."

"Why is that?" I asked flopping down onto the couch.

"Because you're family is insanely wealthy, and  your house is literally magical." She replied before freezing. "Sorry, that was tacky."

"I don't care." I shrugged, smacking one of the pillows, making a bunch of dust fly off and hit me in the face making me sneeze. She immediately started laughing, making me frown, as I threw the pillow onto one of the seats. "What?" I asked offended.

"You're sneeze is so manly." She laughed. "Very loud."

"Sorry I can't control the volume of my nostrils." I scoffed.

"Oh I'm sorry. I didn't mean to offend your nostrils." She said, as the movie started, and she ran over, and jumped on top of me.

"You can make it up to me." I shrugged leaning in to kiss her, only to be interrupted by a knock on the cinema room doors.

"Yes?" I called and she sat up a bit.

"Mum and I are leaving now! See you hopefully soon!" Dad called, and we both called goodbye, followed by two loud cracks.

"Sorry did they apostate or did you sneeze again?" She asked looking at me, making me gasp dramatically.

"That's it." I scoffed, standing up and throwing her over my shoulder.

"No!" She cried laughing. "I'm sorry! I didn't mean it!"

"It's too late! You have a debt to pay with snogging!" I yelled triumphantly.

"You know I hate that word!" She groaned still laughing me.

"Too bad!" I replied walking out of the hallway, and into the foyer, and up the stairs. "You dare insult me? Mighty quidditch captain and veteran marauder in his own home? That's a crime beyond forgiveness!"

"I'm sorry!" She laughed as I walked to her room, and threw her down on the bed. "I beg for mercy!" She cried slapping the back of her hand to her forehead.
I was about to lean down to miss her, and there was a series of loud knocks on the front door.

We both paused and she sat up a bit.

"Is there any chance your parents are back?" She asked frowning.

"No, not really." I replied, as she looked at me concerned.