Chapter 6: Another Emerald?

I sit under the tree for who knows how long. I was still dazed from what happened with Shadow. Something shook my shoulder and I slap it across the face, fearing it was Shadow.
"Ow!" Bokkun held his cheek, looking like he was going to cry. That's when I realized that I had slapped him.
"Bokkun!?! Oh, I am so sorry! I-I thought you where someone else." I apologize.
"Who else would I be?" He tilted his head.
"Shadow." I mumbled.
Bokkun's yellow eyes widened. "Shadow!? What did he do?!"
"Let's just say, never laugh around him." I cross my arms. Bokkun sighed.
"Eggman is worried about you." He said.
I facepalm."I completely forgot about Doctor Eggman!" I pick Bokkun up. "We got to get home fas-" I froze in my spot.
"Zara? What's wrong?" Bokkun's face was a pale red.
"Is that...." I set Bokkun down and walk forward. On the ground, lays a red Chaos Emerald. I pick it up.
"Hey! That's the Chaos Emerald Shadow always has!" Bokkun was floating next to me.
I smile. "He may have dropped it when he pulled out his gun." I slip the emerald into my blue jacket pocket. "C'mon, Doctor Eggman will be very pleased."
I picked Bokkun up again and took off. We got to Doctor Eggman's lab before the sun set completely.
"There you are! Where were you?" Eggman bombard me with questions the moment I entered the door.
"Sorry..." I gasped for breath and hand him the Chaos Emerald. I don't even listen to Eggman as I walk up the steps to my room. Once I'm inside I flop on the bed. The door opened and Eggman's voice drifted into the room.
"Zara?" He said softly.
I sit up sleepily. "I'm sorry for being late." I rub my eyes.
"You don't need to explain, Bokkun told me." Eggman gives me a smiled. "You got another Chaos Emerald. Guess I should get to work on your memory."
My ears perked at the word memory. "How are you going to do that?" I asked.
"I will find a way." Eggman smiled. "Now get some rest." He left me alone with the darkness of the room. I lay down and struggled to fall asleep. Finally, when sleep does drag me away, I have no dreams.