Chapter 11: Advice?

I wake up in cold sweat. My breaths heavy and fast. 

"W-what ha-happened?" I blinked rapidly, trying to clear my distorted vision. Relief flooded over me as I realize I was in the bed I was in when I first woke up. Shadow didn't try to kill me. It was just a dream. But then one question came to mind. How did I get here? I was just in the tree a second ago... Or was that part of my dream too? 

"Your awake." My head snapped to the side to see Sonic leaning against the wall. I instantly growl at him and he laughs. "Still don't like me, huh?" He shook his head.

"How did I get in here?" I look around.

Sonic stood straight and walked over to me. "I brought you up here after Scourge left. You had fallen asleep so I let you rest. Staying the whole night in a tree could wear anyone out." He chuckles softly.
"Y-you brought me here?" This news made my heart quicken.
"Well, with a little help from Silver for getting you out of the tree." Sonic walked to the door. "Breakfast is ready. You hungry?"
"I don't trust you." I say bluntly.
Sonic sighed. "Surprise. It's not like I'm going to poison you. I'm not evil." He walked out of the room, leaving the door open.
"Not evil? Yeah right, lier." I growl.
I walk downstairs to see Sonic, Silver, and Shadow eating at the table. Young Tails walked in with a covered surprise. I hung back on the stairs as he grabbed everyone's attention.
"Guys, I just completed my new robot." Tails said proudly. My ears perked up at robot. So he's the inventor of the group.
"Well, don't keep us in the dark. Show us what you got little bud." Sonic spun in his chair to see.
" I would like you to meet Guard Bot, or G.B.. I invented him to keep an eye on Miss Zara while we go about our business." Tails pushed a red button and the robot turned on. "It has a built-in camera so we can see her on a screen with the right code. And anytime Miss Zara tries to escape, it will warn us right away." The robot looks around the room, noticing me on the stairs. It rolls over, making a few beeping noises.
"Uh, Tails, I think it's broken." Sonic scratched his head.
I laugh and step in the open. "It seems like the robot has more of a brain than you Sonic." Everyone seemed surprised to see me. "What?" I asked.
Silver shook his head. "I didn't expect you to come down anytime soon."
I grunt. "Eh, I hate being stuck in a room with nothing to do."
Tails smiled. "Ya see? G.B. can pinpoint Miss Zara, even if we can't see her." I stare at the bot as it looked at me with unblinking red eyes. This is a little creepy.
"So this thing will follow me wherever?" I ask Tails as I circled the bot. The bot turned on the spot to watch me.
"Yup! That's how I programed it." His tails twitched.
"Hm... I wonder." I glance at the door. Before anyone knew, I was outside by the large oak. G.B.  followed me at a slower pace. I tap my foot as I wait for it to catch up. "How slow can this thing go?"
Sonic walks outside along with everyone else. "Funny, thought she ran off for good." G.B finally reached me and I gave Tails a look of annoyance.
"You think this can keep up with me? It's as slow as a door nail!" I use my foot to tip it on its side. It had a hard time getting back up. "And don't forget that it's off balance. All I'd have to do is tip the thing and I don't have to worry 'bout it for five hours."
Talis looked at the ground and tears formed in his eyes. I sigh and pick the bot up and set it on its wheels. "Look, don't get me wrong, the idea of G.B. is pretty cleaver. But something tells me this isn't your finest work. Is it Tails?" I glance at him as he nods. "You just threw something together last minute."
"Don't down Tails he did his best!" Sonic glared at me. "You've got some nerve to say-"
"Sonic stop." Tails cut him off. "She's right. I did throw G.B. together. I didn't plan it out at all." He sighed. "That's why it's such a fail..."
"It's better than what I did." I flash the young fox a smile. "My first bot exploded in my face. And I planned that one out. We all have our ups and downs, it's better to focus on how to correct your errors than the guilt of them."
Tails nodded. "Right, I'll have to tinker with G.B. a little more." He runs off into the garage with his creation following him. I turn to see three, rather surprised hedgehogs staring at me.
I blink. "What?"
"You just helped Tails. To keep you here." Shadow crossed his arms. "How do you know so much about robotics?"
"I know from what I read." I shrugged. "And everyone can learn something from anyone. Good or bad, friend or foe." I lay down in the shade of the tree, closing my eyes. I may have been asleep forever but I'm still sleepy. And the warmth of the sun on my quills felt perfect. They don't have to worry about me running off.
I'm not going anywhere.