Chapter 23: New Friend?

I woke up to the sound of a gunfire. I hit the floor, after jumping out of the bed, and cover my head with my arms. "I didn't do it!" I yell.
"Get up." Came a deep voice. It was Shadow. I growl at him as I stand.
"Really Shadow? You couldn't have just shaken me?" I asked annoyed.
The dark hedgehog shrugged. "Didn't feel like it. Anyway, Sonic said to get you, the party is tonight so you need to decorate." He walked out without another word.
I groan and pull myself off the ground. There are days I just want to smash Shadow's face with my fist. After I get dressed, I head downstairs to the living room, which was already buzzing with activity. Tails and Sonic was working on a stage that was on the back wall. Knuckles and Rouge were moving the furniture to a different room they could fit in so there was room for everyone that was coming. Silver was in the kitchen, cooking food for the party and Haven was decorating the entrance outside.
Sonic looked up at me, flashing his million dollar smile. "There's the birthday girl! How's it feel to finally be fifteen?"
"Tiring." I stated with a yawn. "I stayed up last night, trying to pick a song."
He tilt his head. "Did you pick one?" I shook my head and the hedgehog sighed. "That's fine, but you need to pick one before the party starts."
"I know but I don't know what to pick." I sighed and walk outside. This whole singing this is getting to my head. I need some fresh air.
~~~~~~~
The salty breeze blows my quills out of my face as I look out across the vast ocean. I came here after a wile of running around.
"Man... Why can't I decide one one song? How hard can it really be?" I mumbled to myself.
"Song for what?" Came a familiar voice, yet slightly deeper. I glance behind me.
The male hedgehog looked a lot like Silver, but it wasn't. He had orange chest fur and blue eyes, different boots and gloves.
"Who are you?" I asked.
He smiled and sits next to me on the rocky cliff side. "I'm Venice the Hedgehog. You know, I was expecting you to call me Silver at first."
I tilt my head. "Why would I? You're not Silv. You look like him but I can tell the difference."
Venice's small smile turns into a grin. "Finally someone who gets it. What's your name?"
"I'm Zara, Zara the Hedgehog."
He nods. "Zara, what a pretty name for a pretty girl."
I felt my cheeks heat up a bit in a blush. "Er, thank you?" I asked, not too sure if I believed the compliment.
Venice smiled, standing up. "So what is this party all about?"
"Oh, Sonic and his friends are throwing a party to welcome me here... And now it's kinda split."
He tilt his head. "How so?"
I stand up, still facing the ocean. "It's my birthday too."
"Oh really? How old you turning?"
"Fifteen... In a few hours anyway. Speaking of which, I better get going." I start walking. Only to have Veince follow.
"When's the party?" He asked.
I glance at him from over my shoulder. "In about an hour, weren't you invited?"
Venice looked away. "No, Sonic and his friends don't really like me..."
I turn to him, frowning. "Why?"
The ivory hedgehog look-a-like shifted on his feet. "Because I look like Silver..."
"No way, really?" I cross my arms. "Well that ain't cool at all. So what if you look like him? You still have enough differences to tell you apart. C'mon, let's go" I start walking again.
Venice was at my heels. "Where are we going?"
"To the party, you're invited."