Chapter 26: I'm listening...

The world seem to stop. The faint sound of the music from the party vanished, leaving only the sound of my thundering heart as my surroundings melt away along with time itself.

That's what it felt like, to me anyways.

I could feel a strong pull, one that wanted to continue this. But my lungs begged for air after so long. We break our first kiss.

"U-um... I..." No words came to me, each one I tried fumbled out and dropped to the ground, splattering into confusing nothingness. My face felt like a wild fire had exploded. Sonic was blushing himself, chuckling nervously.

"Sorry Zara, I-I was caught up in the moment." He pulled away, letting go of my hand. Still I couldn't speak.

"We should, um, go back to the party." He stood up, quickly running off. "Race ya!"

I didn't move. Honestly, I didn't trust my legs at the moment. They felt like stone, and jelly at the same time. Still did my heart pound, heavily and loudly. I took a few breaths to calm myself down, trying to swallow my blush that lay thick on my face.

Then I heard slow clapping behind me. A low, yet familiar voice ringing clear in the night air. "Well that was quiet the show. Much more entertaining than the singing."

Oh no... Venice.

I turn to him, feeling my blush flare up again, "You were watching? Creeper!"

"Relax, I wasn't stalking. I just so happened to overhear."

"How much did you see?" I asked.

He crossed his arms, "Enough to know that you have a thing for Sonic."

"I-I do not!"
Venice chuckled, "It's rather cute really, too bad Amy would pound your head in if she found out."
"Amy?" I frown, "What do you mean?"

"Are you dense? Amy is head over heels for Sonic, you should know that by now."

"I knew she liked him." My mind was swirling with thoughts. He's right, Amy gets jealous over the littlest of things, if she finds out we kissed....

"She would throw a fit, hate you even." Venice said, as if he could read my mind. "Then she wouldn't let you near Sonic again."

Don't listen to him Zara, he's the bad guy, remember that. But still, to think Amy would get in the way of Sonic and I? Oh that makes me both mad and upset. Veince walked closer, arms behind his back.

"I know a way to fix this, that is, if you want my help."

My eyes narrow at him, should I trust him? Sonic said that he tried to kill Silver, so I shouldn't, right? Yet, I'm curious.

"I'm listening..."