Chapter 29: Memories

"Put me down!" I cried, struggling in Venice's iron grip.

"Stop squirming! Unless you want me to drop you," He hissed into my ear, "and just so you know, we're about six hundred feet above ground."

I froze up, my gaze daring to flicker down for a brief moment. I wish I hadn't. The ground was faaaaaaaaaaaar beneath us, to the point the clouds covered most of it. Don't get me wrong, it looks beautiful, however, me and heights don't get along.
A faint, distant memory slipped inside me. A bridge and a person- wait, person? A man with brown hair and eyes to match. Before I could even remember much else, the memory vanished, replaced by a large building coming into view.
"What... Is this..?" I ask in a small voice, silver eyes locked on to the massive structure of stone bricks and glass windows. It looked a lot like a castle of some kind, one that seemed to mean something to Venice. He flew down, slipping through a broken window on the upper most floor.
Looking around I could see that we were in a bedroom, one fit for a king, quiet literally. The red velvet floor matched the wall, aside from the rose design. The master bed had a canopy made of fine silk the shade of the night sky, the comforters a beautiful onyx black. A chandler hung down from the ceiling, the crystals gleaming in the bright lights. I look to my left, finding a door that must be the closet, a dresser not too far from it. Overall, it was a really amazing room.
Veince set me down gently, "Welcome to your new room."
I turn to him, "Excuse me, did you say, 'new room'?"
He nods with a smirk, "Of course, Sonic won't be coming for you so for now on you will be staying with me."
"Hold up, who said I was gonna stay with you?!" I growl at him, his eyes narrow towards me.
"Oh trust me," he pulled me into his chest "you will be staying, unless you want to go for another fly. This time, however, I won't be holding you." Veince motions to the window; I dared to look out it. We were at least five hundred feet up, not as much as when we were flying, but still too high. I swallowed hard, eyes slightly wide.
Veince chuckled and walked to two large double doors, "Rest easy." Without another word, he slammed them closed, the old brass doors making a loud clunk sound. He had locked them.
I let out a breath I hadn't realized I was holding in. "Oh Sonic..." Slowly, I walked to the bed and lay down, my body sinking into the soft... Smooth... Silky blankets. My eyes started to close, "I need to get out of here..."
But I'm so sleepy. It's so late. I want to sleep. Is it bad that I want to sleep in this bed? What can I say, it's comfortable.
"I'll rest for only a few minutes, then I'm busting out...." My eyes shut completely, immediately drifting off into the world of dreams.

~~~~

The sound of a heavy door slamming shut made my eyes snap open. Bolting up I reach for something to fight with.

"Ah ah ah." Venice chuckled, grabbing my arm, pinning it above my head. "Wouldn't want anyone to get hurt, now do we?"

I open my mouth to snap at him, but all words clogged in my throat as Venice aimed a gun at my forehead. My heart pounded heavily, blood draining from my face.

"So I was right, you are afraid of guns." The ivory hedgehog chuckled, I glared at him.

"How would you know that?" I spit my question at him.

"Oh I've been keeping an eye on you and the others for some time." Venice said casually, releasing me and walking over to the broken window.

"You... Have?"

"Think about it. Wasn't it strange I knew where you were before the party? Or how I conveniently knew where you and Sonic was? You see Zara, I've been planning this for a long time, oh so long. But where to start? I knew I couldn't convince Sonic twice that I would change my ways. Nor could I use Cream or Tails again. I had to start off fresh, with a new puppet to use." He chuckled darkly, spinning around to face me. "Then you show up. How ironic that Sonic would bring me a pawn from the human world."

I looked at him puzzled, "Human world?"

"Oh... Oooooh~! Don't tell me, you have no memory? This is priceless!" Venice laughed, throwing his head back, "No wonder you fit in so well, because you don't remember your life before hand. Tell me Zara, what DO you remember of yourself?"

"I-! I... I don't know..." My gaze flickered down to my hands, which rested in my lap. I hadn't moved from my spot on the bed.

"Well my dear, this just makes things that more interesting, doesn't it now?" His voice grew closer, "Not only do I know who you were before, I also know how you got here." He lifted my head using his finger, placed under my chin. "Wouldn't you like to know? Know what and who you were before waking up next to that lake? It bothers you, not knowing. You try so hard to remember but you just can't. What a pity."

"If you know, then why don't you tell me?" I ask, my curiosity taking over, emotions bubbling inside like soup on the stove.

"Wouldn't that be nice?" He pulled back his hand, bringing it across my face, making my head snap to the side. "But last time I checked, I'm not a nice guy."

Without another word, Venice left me in the cold stone room. Leaving me to my new questions.

Leaving me in tears.
----------------------------------------------
Okay y'all, the next chapter will be the last! Meaning that the poll for my new book will end soon. If you don't know what I'm talking about, please read 'GreenDragons16's Important Book'
It will explain everything there.
Till next time my little dragons~!