Chapter 18: Planning

So once we agree on when, which is Saturday next week, we start our plan of the party. First the theme.

"Do we even need a theme?" I ask. "I can see why you want one but it isn't necessary."

Haven grumbles. "Fiiiiiiine. We don't need a theme. But how are we going to decorate for it with no theme?" She has a point.

"What about we decorate in multi-color?" Silver asked. "Put everyone's favorite color up in streamers and/or balloons."

"That's a smart idea. That way it isn't all about me." I laugh nervously.

"Aren't you modest?" Haven chuckled. "But we have to have music. All kinds of 'em!" I nod, a party isn't a party without music.

"We need to find a DJ." Sonic sat up from his place on the couch. "I can ask Tails to help set up the equipment."

"Hey Sonic? Do you have any paper? We can write down our ideas and who we want to come." I asked standing from the comfy blue chair.

Sonic nods. "Yeah, I think its in the desk." He jams his thumb over to the desk that was behind the couch against the wall. I walk over and pull out two slips of what was once a tree. I snatch a pencil from its place in a cup on the wooden area.

"Okay, so color balloons and streamers.... Music and DJ... What about food?" I sit in the spinning chair by me.

"Chili dogs!" Sonic exclaimed. I laughed, jotting it down.

"How about some burgers too? It seems to be your favorite, Zara." Haven giggled.

I roll my eyes and write it down. "Lets see... How about we do some sweets too? Or fruit?"

Silver stretches in his chair. "That sounds good. We can do strawberries-"

"Chocolate strawberries!" Me and Haven yell in union.

"Oh I loooooove chocolate! Well, as long as it isn't dark chocolate." I couldn't help the small giggle that pressed against my lips.

Sonic cocked an eyebrow. "Did you just-"

"No."

"But-"

"No."

"I could have-"

"I said no." I say firmly, pursing my lips into a thin line. Say what you want, I don't giggle. I'm not girly. IN ANY WAY!

Sonic sighed, giving in. "Whatever. Lets just continue."

For the next hour or so, we pitch our ideas for the party around. Tossing in comments or suggestions when we agree. At one point Haven and Sonic got into it over if we should do karaoke. That's still in debate.

"C'mon! We totally need to sing karaoke!" Haven argued.

Sonic shook his head. "No one will want to get up in front of everyone and sing. I know I wouldn't!"

Silver tried to calm the two bickering teens but..... Let's just say he almost lost his head.... To an ax.... Owned by Haven.

I on the other hand, didn't think losing my head was a smart move and slipped out of the house. Maybe a walk though the forest will help me relax a little.

I soon reach the edge of the forest. I'd say its probably safe to get back to Sonic's house but I think I'll stay out a little longer. A party? Man, its so kind of them to throw me one, even though they hardly know me. How long have I've been here? Six days if I'm right.

"Six days of having no idea who I really am..." I sigh. Why can't I remember anything?

I lay down under a tree and close my eyes. Maybe if I focus, I could remember something. Anything. But sadly nothing came to me. All I could see was black.

Black... Then red... Black, red, blue, silver..... Three hedgehogs... A robot. A powerful, deadly beam firing at Sonic. Then complete darkness.
My eyes shot open and a shiver ran up my spine. "What was that?"