I have always known :Part One (18+)

Summary: what happens when you find Draco Lucius Malfoy standing on a ledge at the Astronomy tower, ready to pitch himself off

Warnings: mentions of suicidal tendencies, angst, no smut though (as of yet... *winks*)

And there he was.

Standing on a ledge at the Astronomy tower as he inhaled deeply with his eyes squeezed shut—terrified by the thought of losing his balance if he looked down at the ground scarcely scattered with students clad in robes accented with red, yellow, and green and blue.

He could hear the loud thumping of his own heart mixed with the sound of the howling wind as the crisp and cool evening air harshly hit his face making the tip of his nose feel as cold as ice.

Would the drop hurt or would he die instantly on impact?

His already pale knuckles turned paper white as he gripped onto the cold metal of the railing behind him waiting for just the perfect moment to let go.

Draco Malfoy wondered if his entire life would come back in flashes in front of him as he pitched himself off the tower.

His childhood—lazy summer afternoons of running around the manor gardens with Theo and Blaise, playing with Dobby the house elf when Lucius wasn't around, his first broomstick.

The thought about his mother's warm embrace and Lucius's disapproving glares.

The handshake rejected by Potter.

The hippogriff and the ferret debacle.

The vanishing cabinet.

The task.

There were things he'd have done differently if he'd been given the chance to do them all over again.

Maybe he would have been a tad bit nicer to people—just a tad bit only if necessary.

His lips slowly curved into curled into an ominous smile and he deeply inhaled the air around him once again for the very last time.

Color slowly rushed into his knuckles as he slowly loosened his grip on the railing.

This was it.

There was no other way.

This was final—

"Malfoy?!!" He heard in an unfamiliar voice that startled him to the point where he'd almost fallen off the tower accidentally.

He slowly opened his eyes and turned around to look at just who had decided yelling out at someone standing on a ledge was a remotely good idea.

He'd never seen you before. You were sporting Hufflepuff colors and you had a horrified expression on your face making your eyes look as big as saucers.

"Malfoy, what are you—just—just get down from the ledge. Please." You pleaded.

"Just go back to giving unsolicited hugs and prancing around near flower beds—or whatever it is that you Hufflepuffs do and leave me the fuck alone." Draco snarled with his voice shaky.

Ah. The Hufflepuff Slander.

Given how frightened and helpless he looked standing on the ledge, you had briefly forgotten just how cruel Draco Malfoy could be if he wanted to. Especially when he was surrounded by his cronies.

"Please Malfoy." You spluttered struggling to form words with your mouth because you knew.

You knew he'd let go of the railing if you said the wrong thing.