Wanderlust, Wonder if its lust?

Summary: You book a vacation for you and your boyfriend when you were together. It seemed like a great idea at the time but Now you are forced to go on a trip with you ex because the trip is non refundable.

Pairing: Draco x Female!reader in a modern AU.

Warnings: mature themes explored, mature language used, there is a brief sex scene but it's not very graphic. Please be weary of it though and read at your own discretion.

Words: 3200 (it's a lengthy one, I'm sorry.)
****

A quick google search reveals Information she already knows.

Non-refundable (adj): not repayable or returnable in any circumstance.

When you are in love, words like forevermore sound so simple and uncomplicated.

Promises seem to roll off your tongue with the same minimal effort and nonchalant ease as spreading softened butter on toast.

When you are in love, your significant other fits you like a soft body hugging dress that you wear to every occasion because nothing ever goes wrong in that dress. Rain or shine, bachelorette party, brunch or your worst hangover—your dress is your one true north. It makes you look and feel like the best version of yourself. Much like he does.

And in those times, you don't care for refunds or returns.

Why would you want a refund on a love that hugs all your curves, keeps you warm on cold days and makes you feel beautiful on your bad days, anyway?

There is no point demanding a cash back on it, nor asking for a discount because love is supposed to last a lifetime and beyond.

That is exactly what she thought when she booked a seven day trip with her ex boyfriend.

Now, as she reclines against one of those many uneasy little chairs at the airport lounge, she begins to regret ever paying for this stupid trip. It had taken her five whole paychecks but at the time it seemed like it was worth it.

She googled all the possible synonyms for the word "non-refundable" one last time to make sure there aren't any loopholes she can possibly exploit to get her money back. Times are rough, inflation is high and her student loan is crushing her soul.

She simply can't afford to not go on this trip with the little shit.

The flight is delayed for another two hours and Draco is still nowhere to be seen. She thinks it's a good sign. At Least she can have all the Piña coladas for herself.

"I hate Piña coladas." His voice slices through the noise of the bustling airport like a sharp blade. Every fiber of her body reacts in a way that can only be described as muscle memory.

She looks up to find him looming in front of her in dark washed jeans and a plain white t-shirt that hugs tightly on his biceps. He never wears jeans so she assumes it's his version of vacation clothes.

"If you haven't noticed already, the bottomless Piña coladas are non refundable too." She slams her old overheated MacBook shut. "Also, no one is forcing you to drink them."

"Ah, snappy as always." A smirk pulls at his lips. "Nothing's changed, I suppose."

She hates that smirk. She hates that even after everything that has happened, she still wants to lean towards it like a sunflower bending towards sunlight.

"I'm only snappy when you're around to piss me off." She says, rolling her eyes at him. She manages to catch a peak of the tattoo she knows is hidden underneath his shirt. She doesn't even have to see the entirety of it to remember that it's a dragon that starts at his left bicep and coils around his shoulder. Every scale, every line work and detail of the dragon is engraved into her mind from the kisses she placed on it, once upon a time.