Sonnets, Summer & Sandcastles (18+)

Summary: Post war fic, Draco and Y/n talk about having children, and then they fuck. Yep. That's the summary.

Warnings: mature language and themes, breeding kink

"So long as men can breathe or eyes can see,

So long lives this, and this gives life to thee."

You read the final rhyming couplet from Sonnet 18 to your husband who was lying next to you.

Long lazy summer afternoons were usually spent lying beneath the shade of tall limbering trees on a picnic blanket at the manor garden. Some days you'd read to him, and some days you'd both stare up at the denim blue sky and just talk—past, present, future.

"So essentially, this Shakespeare bloke is saying that his beloved's beauty will live on?" Draco tilted to his side to look at you. Tiny flickering specks of sunlight that managed to seep through the canopy of leaves created golden freckles on his otherwise alabaster skin.

"Yes Draco, his beloved's beauty will live on in this poem." You elaborated before closing the book shut and turning to face him. You had your head supported with your hand and your hair tumbled and cascaded down your head and pooled around the blanket.

He kept taking a few short moments to take this in. He wanted to remember this moment. He wanted to memorise this feeling by heart.

He didn't think he'd make it out of the war. He never even dared to picture his life beyond the war—he thought he'd be giving himself false hope if he did.

But the war was over and He'd made it. He'd make it with you by his side.

Just looking at his beautiful wife beaming at him made him feel like he'd stirred a spoonful of sugar into his tea.

It was like someone had replaced the denim blue colour of the sky with a rosy pink shade and the atmosphere was suddenly saturated with a sickly sweet smell—laced with fairy floss or burnt sugar.

The simple and free flowing white dress you were wearing wasn't helping much either. The gauzy and see through fabric gave a clear view of your breasts and your nipples.

He began to wonder how your breasts would look when you'd be carrying his babies. He found himself getting hard just by the thought of your body changing, your belly swelling up with his seed.

"Draco?"

"Hm?" He said quickly as he tried not to drift into his daydream again.

"What are you thinking about?"

Draco slowly looked up and met your eyes.

You had the kind of eyes that reeled a person in without even trying. You had the kind of eyes that would make you fall in love if you looked long enough.

He found himself wondering if your kids would have your eyes—filled with warmth, kindness and all things good.

He wouldn't turn out to be a father like Lucius was he?—and what if he did? What if he was just the same?

"Nothing." Draco finally murmured, laying flat on his back and closing his eyes. "Just wondering if we should continue living in the manor."

"Why what's wrong?" You asked. His lips were curved upwards in a small smile but you could feel like he was hiding his melancholia in his closed eyes.

"There's just too much history you know." He said quietly with his eyes still closed. "Too much has happened over here"

"Then let's go, disappear anywhere in this world. It'll just be us." You said as you lay down next to him.