I Have Always Known: Part two (18+)

Summary: What happens when you find Draco Lucius Malfoy standing on a ledge at the Astronomy tower, ready to pitch himself off

Warnings: Mentions of suicidal tendencies, self harm, angst, smut, 18+ content, reader discretion is advised

Draco let the revelations sink their way into his brain as he carefully and meticulously recalled that fateful day at the ledge once more.

He recalled how he'd sat alone, hugging his knees at the tower later that night after you'd convinced him to get down from the ledge.

His shirt sleeve—pushed up as he stared at the nasty looking snake and skull etched into his forearm all the while fighting a strong urge to gnaw at the flesh till the mark came off.

And just when he thought he'd cave into his urges, something fluttering,speckled in black and orange caught Draco's eyes.

The paleness of the moonbeam made the Monarch butterfly seem almost iridescent and he held his breath watching it land gently on the palm of his hands.

"I should have known." Draco finally shouted pacing back and forth in the room of requirement as he ran his fingers through his disheveled hair. "Of course it was you—How could I have not realised! I mean who else would even want to turn into a butterfly at will?!"

"What is that supposed to mean?" You asked as you walked towards him—completely ignoring the fact that your shirt was still lying somewhere on the floor.

"The fucking butterfly tattoo, the whole the-world-is-full-of-goodness-and-sunshine attitude." He scoffed. "Coincidence? I think not."

"Draco—" you attempted to reach for his hand but he instantly pulled it away.

"Only you would be stupid enough to stick around a bloody death eater despite knowing."

"Please just calm down—" You began reaching for him once again and he winced at your touch like it pained him as you gently grabbed onto his wrist.

"No." He shook his head as he cut you off hastily. "Listen to me y/n, and listen to me carefully —You need to stay the fuck away from me."

"Malfoy please. Just hear me out. I'm sorry for sneaking up on you that night. I shouldn't have."

You took a few mindful steps towards him.

He looked absolutely furious at first glance with his bloodshot eyes, heavy breathing and slightly flared nostrils. But when you observed him more carefully, you saw the helpless and vulnerable boy from the ledge again. Tucked away somewhere in the depths of this tired and sunken eyes.

Branded at such a young age.

Forced to give up his youth and any shard of innocence he had left inside of him.

While his friends may have been playing quidditch, getting into trouble and stressing out about their homework, here he was stressing out about the god damned cabinet like his life depended on it.

You felt a sharp stab at your heart when you remembered.

His life did depend on it.

"Please y/n. Just go away." He pleaded with this voice cracking as you slowly wrapped your arms around his stiff torso and placed your head on this chest. "Don't make it harder than it already is."

Draco was right.

This was wrong on so many levels.

You knew better than to melt into the arms of a death eater.