Forever Hold Your Peace -1

Summary: Two feuding families with an age-old history of bloodshed are seeking to forge peace by unholy matrimony between the first borns. Only, she isn't first born, per se....

Pairing: Mob!Draco Malfoy x Female!reader

Warnings: Mature language, mature themes, angst, Sexual Inuendos but no smut what so ever (as of now). Read at your own discretion, mentions of the higher power, mentions of alcohol, that about covers it.

A/n: I've been experimenting with various plots these days. I'd love to incorporate your thoughts into the second volume so Feedback is always welcomed. :))
*******

When she imagined the day of her wedding, she did not imagine standing in front of a floor length mirror in her white dress, feeling like she is getting ready to walk up to the gallows.

But then again, this is not the wedding she wanted. Nor the husband.

One day she is lying on a patio swing, reading her favorite book and the next day, she is promised to some wealthy stranger.

Now, in a few short hours, she is going to have to take him as her lawfully wedded husband for as long as she shall live.

Two feuding families with an age-old history of bloodshed are hoping to forge peace by unholy matrimony between the first borns. Only, she isn't first born, per se....

***

6 months ago..

Little less than an hour ago, she was nursing a glass of Gin Rickey at a speakeasy. Now, she is kneeling at a church, with her hands folded in prayer.

She wouldn't call herself religious, only desperate. It is an ungodly hour of the night and she's a little inebriated. Even her clothes smell of lime, sweat, sin and cheap spirit.
Ironic how life works.

She squeezes her eyes shut and concentrates on the reason why she came into these four walls in the first place.

In between what could have been her eighth glass of Gin Rickey, she had received a phone call from her mother telling her that her presence is required back at the house at once.

Even though her mum doesn't say it, she knows this has something to do with her elder sister's engagement.

No one dares to mention her sister's name out loud after what had happened last month. Every mark of her had been scrubbed clean from the family tree after she was caught with her muggle lover.

Now that she thinks about it, being removed from the family tree is better than being plucked and put into another one. That is exactly what they are going to do with her when she gets back home, she is sure of it.
Bowing her head lower, she prays and she prays and she prays, hoping that someone—anyone answers.

"What are you praying for?" A rich baritone comes from the pews behind her. The sound caresses her skin and leaves her with a chill in her bones.

Panicked, she turns her head around to inspect.

The light from the flickering, almost dying candles cast an eerie shadow on his face. In this light, she can tell it's a broad shouldered man, wearing a three piece black suit.

She doesn't answer him. Only, reaches for the waistband of her skirt for her wand.

"Let me guess." The voice offers, almost taunting. "Wealth, fame, reverence...or is it world peace?"

The words sound so sinful and vulgar in the feline purr of his voice. She is drawn towards him and his gleaming silver hair like a moth drawn towards moonlight.