Chapter 10: Drama comes with realizations

Damian looked at me putting his guitar down next to the bench we were sitting. We had gone for a date at the most famous lake of our city. He smiled at me seeing me gape at him.

" So... you weren't joking. Surprisingly I am shocked, you are really a great singer." I said still mesmerized by his voice. He was talented.

" I wrote that song when I was in school. When I was a bencher during the games and had nothing to do. I would just grab a pen and a notebook and write it down." He said leaning at me.

" So if you want to do this shit then why did you chose to be a pro- footballer?" I asked pushing him away. He chuckled and then sighed.

" My dad always wanted me to become what he couldn't. He was not selected for the scholarship or from any talent scout even though he tried so hard. He thinks he sees his potential in me. I love my dad so I could not say no to him." He said with a sad frown in his face.

I ruffled his hair making him chuckle.

" I don't know but you are a good son. Shockingly you make a good singer than a good footballer. Though my dad may go through heartbreak." I said.

He laughed.

" Now we wouldn't want that now, would we?" he said ruffling back my hair.

" Whatever you do, I will be there for you, you idiot. Just make the right choice. For yourself." I said and he leaned forward touching my forehead with his. He closed his eyes and smiled.

" Small steps....." he whispered on my lips. I smiled back and nodded.

" Small steps..." I said.

That day we spent feeding ducks and eating corn dogs. For a while everything went fine, his music and songs soothing me to sleep.

His love songs.

Yup! Definitely love songs.

**********************************

" I want you to invite Damian Steel for dinner." Dad announced, I choked on my water while Cecily squealed throwing her meatball in my plate.

" WHAT?!" I exclaimed. Dad smiled and nodded.

" He's your friend, Ethan. Talk to him about that. come on! Do this favour for your Dad." He said wiping Cecily's mouth.

" He's a busy man dad." I said trying to make an excuse.

" A small dinner. Ethan, come on!" Dad said with a pleading look.

" No, dad. He's busy and tired from daily practice." I said tossing potato mash inside my mouth.