Chapter 9: Dreams of heart in Drama

I walked towards home with Cecily after leaving Justin to his house, of course, Jenna being busy with her new boyfriend. Justin was actually really in deep feeling of admiration and likeness. I wouldn’t call it love. It was too quick to call it love. Dad opened the door with a muddy phone in his hand. My phone.

Fuck!

“ Are you out of your mind? You gave your phone to Bessie?! Why would give your phone to a dog, for god sake?” he asked hectically.

I sighed putting Cecily’s bag on the couch. Dad was glaring like an eagle waiting for an answer. I had no answer. I mean, how do I explain him that my so called boyfriend is freaking me out by saying he loves me.

Nope! Can’t say that.

“ Ethan, you need to be responsible. You are not a kid anymore.” He said tossing the phone away.

I just nodded. He sighed and sat beside me as Cecily screamed her way towards us. Giggling and laughing towards Dad’s lap.

“ Cecily’s birthday is coming up.” I said changing the subject of ‘ How to be a good adolescence’.

He nodded tickling her.

“ My girl is growing up. She’s gonna be four!” dad said to her as she squirmed in his lap, giggling.

I smiled looking at my small family. My family.

Whole evening Cecily rambled about her day care lessons and nursery rhymes. We just joined her in the songs. Dad decided to order Chinese and a pizza for the night as no one was really into cooking after playing with Cecily. 

As we ate Dad was looking at his phone again and again.

“ What’s up, dad?” I asked.

“ Huh? Nothing? Umm... it’s just work.” He said eating his meatball and wiping Cecily’s face at the same time.

I didn’t ask further. It seemed he needed some time to think.

“ So Ethan, explain to me how do you know Damian Steel?” he asked making me choke on my meatball.

“ Ummm....” I mumbled.

Man! I had lots of explaining to do!

                                                             *****************************

Next day was the day of prom so it was holiday. I was not in the mood to go to Prom, with Justin was out of question.

Jenna looked at me with pain as we sat at her living room.

“ I am sorry.” She said as she fumbled with her dress. It was raven dark with frills on the end of the dress. She looked like a Goth princess. I sighed and waved her off.

“ Go have fun. I will be at home trying to figure out something to do for the night.” I said getting up to go. Her boyfriend, Mark who was the DJ for the night came out of the bathroom to look at Jenna looking depressed.

“  Is everything alright?” he asked. Jenna nodded and brushed her dress lightly.

“ Yeah, let’s go. We don’t wanna be late now do we?” she said holding his hand. He smirked at her and kissed her forehead.

“ What about you Ethan?” he asked to which I just gave a light smile and shook my head.

“ Nah, I have some work at home. Go have fun and don’t let Jenna wander around the Punch. It maybe spiked you know.” I said as I bro fisted him.