part 8 - Birthday... Suprise?

Dixie's pov
It's my birthday tomorrow, and I don't know, I'm normally extatic and super excited for my birthday, but now that Noahs like a 9 hour drive away, and I feel like utter poop, it just feels like another day.
Noah and I have never missed each others birthday. Not one in the 18 years we've been alive, but for the first time, he's gonna miss mine. Its hard. I'm not gonna lie, Noah has offered to come back home and ask to do his trial another day, but I can't do that to him, I don't want him to miss out on the whole experience, you know the atmosphere of cocky sophomores and freshman's being nervous wrecks. I know that Noah will easily get in, and I don't understand why he thinks he won't, I mean he's been playing since he was 3, training 4 times a week from the age of 5 and getting a scholarship to UCLA for soccer at literally just 18, so if he doesn't get in, then something is definitely rigged.

1 day later, 12th August.

My mom woke me up at about 9:15 with some avocado and bacon on toast. My absolute favourite.
Today I was just relaxing and having a meal out with my family and the becks as the plans we did have don't really go with me being sick and stuff.

2:00pm
Noah still hasn't rung to talk to me and say happy birthday yet, I mean I texted him good luck, and he didn't say anything to do with my birthday back, he just said thank you and what not.
I know there's a time difference and all but he said he would ring at 11:00pm Arizona time. I'm sure he will ring soon though just ..... got the times mixed up

4:00pm
Noah still hasn't rung and I'm not angry, I guess I'm just a bit upset, I mean he's gone for a week and he manages to forget his bestfriends AND his girlfriend's birthday. Like how do you even manage to that.
But I'm going to have a nap for about 2 hours before we go out to dinner at 6:30, and hope to feel at least a little bit better. And hope that he has messaged me that he was going to ring.

6:14 (in LA)
Noah's pov:
I'm so siked up, the atmosphere and the Whole mood of everyone is so overwhelming, but in a good way if you know what I mean. I was a bit disappointed though, it is my soccer tryouts to get on the UCLA soccer squad, and all Dix has said is goodluck. She didn't even ring me, and I know she's poorly and all but I didn't think it was that hard.
Anyway I have my tryouts in 16 minute's, so I hope she rings before then

5:00
Dixie's pov:
I woke up earlier, cause I thought I heard Noah text me, but it was just some notification on Instagram. I decided to open it, and it was a picture of Noah playing soccer....... Sort of.

I didn't say anything, I just liked it, and went back to sleep, I knew he would be confused, because I ALWAYS comment, even if its just some sort of fire emoji or a heart

I didn't say anything, I just liked it, and went back to sleep, I knew he would be confused, because I ALWAYS comment, even if its just some sort of fire emoji or a heart.i always do it.
I was already dressed, and I could easily just do my hair again, so I decided to just go back to sleep, I mean I was still tired anyway.

7:00pm
I mean I said I wouldn't be mad at noah, and it was probably an honest mistake that he forgot my BIRTHDAY. , but I can't go along with that theory much longer. 1.his tryouts finished 2 hours ago, and so he had plenty of time to call, or even TEXT Me, and 2. It is now 9:00pm in LA and he said he would call at 1:00.
I know that if I told him now, that he missed my birthday he would just make up an excuse, and say something stupid like 'I did it on purpose, I was going to surprise you' which he obviously isn't planning, because the only time he has done a surprise and kept it a secret was when he wasn't able to talk, which says a lot.